We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

lost newsfeed widgets | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
David
David Oct 7 '19
Had an issue with the newsfeed, after a member attempted to add a post with a link. So I figured I could just disable it but that made it worse. 

The widgets for the newsfeed are no longer there.

Anyone able to tell me how to do a fresh install of the newsfeed?  I dont care about any lost content, just want to get the newsfeed back in action.

Thank you

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Oct 7 '19

If you uninstall the newsfeed plugin and reinstall it, everything will work again.

You will lose all the news content, and the activities of the members in their profiles as well.

Also missing the "follow" of friendships, friendships will be preserved but as nobody will follow anyone they will not be notified of the activities of their friendships.

I have a plugin in the store: Follow All that restores all these tracks, I developed it because I also had to reinstall newsfeed

Marcus
Marcus Oct 8 '19
Just deactivate and activate. Case  widjets are installed and removed by activate and deactivate php. If not follow the Patricia's advice. 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Oct 8 '19
David
David Oct 10 '19
Patricia, I purchased your plugin, but i have not received it in my list of plugins.
Quote from Patricia Zorrilla Bcn

If you uninstall the newsfeed plugin and reinstall it, everything will work again.

You will lose all the news content, and the activities of the members in their profiles as well.

Also missing the "follow" of friendships, friendships will be preserved but as nobody will follow anyone they will not be notified of the activities of their friendships.

I have a plugin in the store: Follow All that restores all these tracks, I developed it because I also had to reinstall newsfeed

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Oct 10 '19

I am sorry that the OxWall store does not release the licenses automatically.

I have already released a license for you and you can now download the plugin.

Feel free to tell me what you see is wrong or can improve