We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

REMOVING login on main page to not have it shown [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Johan
Johan Nov 10 '12
I only want MYSELF to login to the site via sign-in but not a member login box at the top.
How do I do that ?
The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 17 '14
Alia Team
Alia Nov 12 '12
Johan, you can remove "Sign in" bar (screen shot attached) by removing following piece of code from ow_system_plugins/base/view/components/console.html :

<div class="console_item"><div class="fake_node">{$sign_in}</div></div>
           {if $connectButtonList}
           <div class="console_item"><div class="fake_node">{$connectButtonList}</div></div>
           {/if}

As an admin you can use yoursitename.com/sign-in URL to sign in.

Wilson
Wilson Dec 4 '13

hey Aliia,

I looked at ow_system_plugins/base/view/components/console.html and I don't see that bit of code. I'm trying to remove it on my "JOIN" page ONLY. I’m using “My Diary Version Compatibility - 1.5.1” theme, if a new user is trying to join my site and is filling out the “join” page, I don’t need the ‘Sign In’ and ‘Sign Up’ tab to be viewable on that page. Any help on this would be very appreciated.

here's my code for /components/console.html :

{style}{literal}

html div.ow_console_list_wrapper
{
    min-height: 0px;
    max-height: 257px;
}

{/literal}{/style}

<div class="ow_console clearfix">
    <div class="ow_console_body clearfix">
        <div style="ow_floatright">
            {foreach from=$items item="item"}
                {$item}
            {/foreach}
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

also please read my other post about this issue. http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14819?page=1#post-74750

The Forum post is edited by Wilson Dec 4 '13
Attachments:
  joinpage.jpg (77.56Kb)
Wilson
Wilson Aug 15 '14
hey Aliia,

I'm trying to remove the Sign & Sign up tabs a the top right side for all the pages (see attachment a). I'm still on 1.6.0 and I'm using Venus Plus, where do I need to go and what code do I need to edit? I tried .ow_signin_label {display:none;} but it just removed the "Sign In" button only but left the link? (see attachment b) and the "Sign Up" bottom was still there too. Just need to remove it all so there is no buttons and link at all. Using this as a web site....thanks

Wilson
Attachments:
  sign-in.a.jpg (9Kb)
  sign-in.b.jpg (9Kb)
Wilson
Wilson Aug 15 '14
hey Chris,

Well that works too good, (see attachment) it takes out all of the top bar that has the color red across the top (see attachment sign-in.a) . I want that to stay, just remove the Sign In and Sign up tabs. Not all of the top bar.

Any Ideal how to do that only?

Wilson
Attachments:
  blank.jpg (2Kb)
  sign-in.a.jpg (9Kb)
Wilson
Wilson Aug 15 '14
Hey Chris,

I found it..lol Put this bit of code in your admin/edit theme area.

.ow_console{display:none!important;}

I was reading over this post http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14819?page=1#post-75836 and found this bit of code from Daisy post!

Worked great for me! Thanks Chris for the info thoe...I will play around with  .htaccess coding too.

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Aug 15 '14