We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invite anybody plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 10 '12
Is there any plugin that can invite anybody by simply writing their emails and sending a message?
Thanks
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 10 '12
Have a look at this plugin here

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/219

I think this plugin can help you.

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 10 '12
Thanks a lot.
Can you help me with this? I will be very grateful.

I have been having a difficult time trying to change this message (Welcome to our new site! Feel free to participate in our community!). This message is in the homepage asking visitors to join the site.

I have received many responses about changing the message, but so far, none has proved successful.

One response asked me to customize and click on the gear next to Custom,  text/HTML but the opening message "Welcome to our new site! Feel free to participate in our community!" did not change.

Another response said I should visit the Languages Translation Panel and go through the Base , I couldn't find it over there. I actually scoured the entire Languages Panel but I didn't find that message anywhere.

Now I don't know what to do. If I have to use FTP to edit it at the remote directory, please give me the map. Or how should I change it?
Thanks,
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 10 '12
Kumi,

You can change it through the language option in the admin panel.

Go to languages.

Then search for "Welcome".

When you find this line 

"Welcome to our new site! Feel free to participate in our community!"

Change it according to your own needs.

See the attached file.

Attachments:
  Untitledprobsolved.png (58.91Kb)
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 11 '12
Please I have last question.
When someone registers for an account,I think the site should be re-directed to a page. Is there a way to send the user back to a page after confirming a registration. As at now, the site gets stuck and cannot go to a page after registration.
Thanks
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 14 '12
Topic was moved from Plugins.
JB TECH
JB TECH Nov 14 '12
Quote from Kumi Festus Please I have last question.
When someone registers for an account,I think the site should be re-directed to a page. Is there a way to send the user back to a page after confirming a registration. As at now, the site gets stuck and cannot go to a page after registration.
Thanks

Hm, might have a problem. After registration, your supposed to be redirected to the first page in your Pages & Menus top menu line.

Alia Team
Alia Nov 14 '12
Redirect works only if user has verified his email. Until the email is not verified user can't access the site.

Kumi, please create separate topics for issues that are not related to "Invite anybody plugin" topic.