We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Link on a post. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Steve
Steve Oct 25 '19
I am curious on how to make the picture in a link bigger than what it appears after posting it.

See example in the picture.

Thank you for your help in advance. 

Attachments:
  link.jpg (31Kb)
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Oct 25 '19

The size in which the images are displayed in NewsFeed depends on the theme you use on your website.

You need to locate the image container and overload the size by adding in "custom CSS" the size you want.

You can also ask the developer of the thema, but they usually do not respond.

Steve
Steve Oct 25 '19
I figured it was in the CSS file but I tried looking under link with no luck...But thank you for the info.

dave Leader
dave Oct 25 '19
I found this in the base css    I may have misunderstood the question, sorry im multi tasking.

.ow_newsfeed_item_picture img {    

max-height: 400px;    

max-width: 100%;    

width: auto;   

height: auto;

}

Try this in your admin custom css.. .untested

.ow_newsfeed_item_picture img {    

max-height: 200px;

max-width: 50%;    

width: auto;   

height: auto;

}

Play around with that and let me know.

Which by the way just fyi, i dont think they really should never be using px on hardly anything anymore, unless its the same on all screens.  Percent is the way to go so that it adjusts to screen size properly.

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 25 '19
dave Leader
dave Oct 25 '19
Just in case here is the css for an attachment link in newsfeed.  So when you post a link in newsfeed of a picture this is the css. 

.ow_photo_attachment_pic {    

display: inline-block;    

background-color: #fff;    

width: 120px;    

height: 120px;    

border: 1px solid #eff2f5;    

position: relative;    

background-size: cover;

background-repeat: no-repeat;

there is also a photo attachment preview as well that you prob need to change, or it will show small and then get bigger after you add it.  Remember when you post the link it brings it up in preview before you add it so change the preview version of that css as well.   :)

hope that helps

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 25 '19