We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Username and captcha | Forum

Ronald
Ronald Oct 23 '13

Hey, make changes to documents and join_index.html join.php as Aliia said, in that moemnto came this message: TypeError: Can not call method 'focus' of null.

Now I deleted him again Oxwall and to have it installed without modification ...

The problem I have is that the captcha does not appear in the user registration form, shown in the accompanying photograph.:

That way solve this problem, could show the code to be displayed.

The Forum post is edited by Ronald Oct 23 '13
Attachments:
  captcha.png (4.35Kb)
Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 1 '13
Ronald, if the version of your software is 1.5.3, you simply need to  comment the following string in /ow_system_plugins/base/init.php file:

$e->setData(new CaptchaField('captchaField'));

davit
davit Nov 21 '13
Hello i have 1.5.3 version and i have problem with captcha. I did everything, I commented out join.php, join_index.html and init.php and it is not working. When i am trying register i  get the message:

-Please, enter a valid usernameRequired

- Please, enter a valid email addressRequired

Pleas help me :)

davit
davit Nov 23 '13
Any help ???
davit
davit Nov 25 '13
pleas, pleas, pleasa, i need help where is support form this forum?
Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 25 '13
Davit, sorry, but it's not quite clear. You say that the problem is with the captcha, but you cannot register at your site because the username and email is required.

The message you are getting is related to your site settings. The profile questions you are talking about are required to be filled in. But it has nothing to do with the captcha image. If you have problem with the site settings submit your question to the General Questions forum and our support operators will be glad to assist you.
If you made some modifications and now your registration form stopped working - please specify what exactly you are trying to do and what exactly you've already done.

The more information you provide - the more details of the problem you will provide - the more effective our help will be.
davit
davit Nov 26 '13
I had a problem with captcha has stopped working. I wanted to turn it off as it was described in this topic. Captcha is off but now i have this problem. When i am trying register i  get the message:

-Please, enter a valid usernameRequired

- Please, enter a valid email addressRequired

I changed nothing in the script. Captcha stopped working after I turned off and now i have this the problem. I can't turn catpcha because it is not possible to register.

Daisy Team
Daisy Nov 26 '13
Davit, I suggest that you turn back the changes made for the captcha disabling and check if it solves the problem. If the problem disappears, please try to disable the captcha as I've described above once again, and if the problem occurs again, provide me with the screenshot of the code you change.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 9 '13
Ronald's issue with Captcha was solved by enabling FreeType extension of GD library ( enabled by hosting company).
Pages: « 1 2