We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mail notification settings | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marcus
Marcus Dec 10 '19
If I set send inmediately when actually will the script send the message? 
Catkin
Catkin Dec 11 '19
If you use SMTP, it can take ages. Best to use the PHP mail option in the back end.

Hope this makes sense

Marcus
Marcus Dec 11 '19
Your right las time it took around 10 hours to get the email not quite inmeadiatly lol
Catkin
Catkin Dec 12 '19
God only knows why Oxwalls email management is so bad! 

PHP mailer is "ok" but certainly the speed at which it sends emails out make it the only viable choice for your site.
Marcus
Marcus Dec 12 '19
It's slow but I gotta stick with it case at least it makes sure not to send all emails at once thus prevents triggering spam protection of my hosting. 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Dec 12 '19
Catkin
Catkin Dec 12 '19
The best solution would be if the new account email was sent out using the PHP method and then all all future messages where sent out using the SMTP protocol.

Unfortunately this is not available and would require editing core code. Maybe pass it along to the Charmail developers?

Marcus
Marcus Dec 13 '19
Thanks buddy I actually did that one time but then abandoned that idea not sure why. Gonna look into it again. Verification email despite the fact cron is set to 1 min takes ariubt 5 min to arrive. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 13 '19
speed up SMTP mail delivery with this code:

In the file "ow_core\mailer.php" Replace this:

public function send( BASE_CLASS_Mail $mail )
{
if ( $this->maliService->getTransfer() == BOL_MailService::TRANSFER_SMTP )
{
$this->maliService->addToQueue($mail);
}
else
{
$this->maliService->send($mail);
}
}

With this:

public function send( BASE_CLASS_Mail $mail )
{
$this->maliService->send($mail);
}

it was help me to get email verification from 10 minutes to 30 seconds.

but make backup before testing

Marcus
Marcus Dec 13 '19
Thanks. The problem is I got to keep an aye on how many emails I send per hour. I have Smtp set to 480 per hour case my limit is 500 
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Dec 13 '19