We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Thank you Oxwall & Friends...My road ends here !! | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Dec 23 '19
Hi Oxwallers,

Since 2012 i have been part of this amazing oxwall software but my road ends here now. I have decided to shutdown my Oxwall websites after amazing 7 years with this platform. 

After buying 91 oxwall plugins and theme and supporting awesome developers and spending $1,670 on these plugins and themes made by great developers i want to thank everyone who made it their duty to make oxwall great. 

I wish oxwall and everyone involved all the best :) as much as i would like to close shop and leave and waste away the purchases in my account. 

Anyone interested in taking over my oxwall account to start their own or add-on to their oxwall website with these plugins and theme kindly contact privately and make me an offer.

Thank you all

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Dec 23 '19
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Jan 7 '20
Sad to see you leaving Oxwall. You are one of the older guys here.
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 8 '20
Thanks Ebenezer :) I was always ;oyal to the Oxwall cause
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 8 '20
Are you going to use something different or shutting down entirely?
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 10 '20
Hi D,

I'm going to use something different but i'm still weighing my options first as i need to refine my needs and have a clear view of exactly what i want to archive. Since i started using Ning which was great then in changed its business model in 2005 then moved to Oxwall which also is still great just the lack of development and updates. Some developers keep re-inventing the wheel as we have many plugins but 70% of the time they are a recreation of plugins already in the store.

Every oxwaller has specific needs and not everyone will be catered for maybe im just to impatient but im not leaving oxwall because it is not great, im leaving oxwall because of the slow progress of keeping up with the changing world of digital. By the time oxwall gets there everyone will be 5 or even 10 steps ahead

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi May 10 '20

Quote from AppXprt Are you going to use something different or shutting down entirely?
Hi there, i have used something different, see my 2 new websites https://www.myvirgo.co.za which replaced Oxwall and also https://music.myvirgo.co.za which is an addition to what i wanted to achieve with oxwall but no developer wanted to create something or a plugin similar or to handle what i wanted.
dave Leader
dave May 10 '20
My sincere apologies i have not seen this before, sorry to hear you left webster.  But from what i can tell by your new site it looks really great, is that open source as well?  Its nice and clean looking.
David
David May 11 '20
Wow... what platform is this!??
Kenneth Parkes
Kenneth Parkes Nov 16 '22
Is Amp a better solution then How To Season A Steak? please explain for me the best one of this two? I think AMP is hard to convert to a android app or a ios app .