We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video Thumbnails | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 13 '12
I think I have said something about this before. Most of my site visitors are based in China and so behind a Great Firewall. They cannot see Youtube videos, and in fact many video platform like metacafe,myspace,vimeo,veoh etc. There are some of them that can be watched the world over.
But the problem is that thumbnails can't show and nobody can that there is a video somewhere.
Pls can you something about this?
Piers J
Piers J Nov 13 '12
I think there is a database of approved sites with oxwall. So videos taken from those sites show thumbnails . I understand this database gets updated. But I don't know how or who does that.
I have same problem of no thumbnails on my site since a few videos are not from youtube
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I have read somewhere that YouTube does not work in China.

Thumbnails will be generated by Oxwall only for the per-determined video services supported by Oxwall.
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 13 '12
Hello Purusothaman Ramanujam,

can't the videos be shown if any user uploads the videos to the website using the video uploader plugin?

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Nirmalya Ghosh Hello Purusothaman Ramanujam,

can't the videos be shown if any user uploads the videos to the website using the video uploader plugin?

Not possible because of the way video plugin is designed.

For questions unrelated to the actual thread open a new post. If related to any plugin, create in the plugin forum.
The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam Nov 13 '12
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Nov 13 '12
Oh! Sorry sir.