We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

cPanel offers dark themes for editor | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jan 9 '20
Are you tired of looking at the blinding white page of cPanels editor then fear no more... they have dark themes.... They have been around for awhile i guess and i never knew about them till i ask them and sure enough they do....

If you use cPanel the first thing you do is just go to file manager and open any file in edit (not html editor, just normal edit) 

now look up at the top left corner of that page you will see the words keyboard_shortcuts  (its the same header area that the buttons are on)  click that text link, it will take you to the shortcuts... 

The reason you are here is because the settings menu has a shortcut but it depends on which system  you use so you have to find your shortcut to open the settings menu... mine for windows is cntrl-,  control comma... 

To find yours scroll down to the OTHER section then look at the action column, look for the text "Show the settings menu"   and then look to the left of that under the column for windows/linux or Mac to find your shortcut... 

Now once you have that shortcut then go to any white space area on the file you opened and type that shortcut... you will see a new menu open up on the right side of the page. 

Under themes on that menu you will find light and dark themes,  i chose vibrant ink, its great.... 

Enjoy :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 9 '20
dave Leader
dave Jan 17 '20
Yes i like it.... now if they can add the button to the menu and set a session flag to remember your setting it will be extra awesome.   Its coming, but not sure when...