We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Multiple domains, same install | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Tyler Hoban
Tyler Hoban Jan 12 '20
Hello. Is it possible to run the same install on multiple domains? I want to provide my oxwall site on both clearnet and Tor.

So is it possible to configure ow so it would accept both example.com and example.onion
Marcus
Marcus Jan 13 '20
You mean sharing same db between 2 sites? 
Paul
Paul Jan 13 '20
yes it is possible with some customizing by using symlinks

1 DB and 1 Application, my example with three domains:

www.toyota-supra.de

www.toyota-supra.com
www.toyota-supra.by (yes, it is oxwall, too)

The Forum post is edited by Paul Jan 13 '20
Marcus
Marcus Jan 13 '20
It's gonna be a mess... Duplicate content is a death sentace if you case about seo.. 
Tyler Hoban
Tyler Hoban Jan 14 '20

Quote from Chris_W Will there be any physical difference as to what is shown on the two domains? If not, why not just forward one domain to the other on the server?
Quote from Tyler Hoban Hello. Is it possible to run the same install on multiple domains? I want to provide my oxwall site on both clearnet and Tor.
So is it possible to configure ow so it would accept both example.com and example.onion

I want to provide the service as both a regular (clearnet) site and a Tor Hidden Service (a .onion site)

There is some difference between the two but for the most part at the server side they are the same
Tyler Hoban
Tyler Hoban Jan 14 '20

Quote from Paul yes it is possible with some customizing by using symlinks

1 DB and 1 Application, my example with three domains:

www.toyota-supra.de

www.toyota-supra.com
www.toyota-supra.by (yes, it is oxwall, too)

Care to explain how that works?