We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

csv contact import? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
g00d
g00d Feb 8 '11
Hi fellows,
Would it be hard to develop a simple csv contact importer?
Just the email, name, surname, profilename, ...
Would be enough.
This way I could easily import other users from my other community sites I have…
Tom
Tom Jan 31 '14
A CSV Contact Importer plugin exists now.  I would like info on how the CSV file should be formatted.  I'm trying to reverse engineer it without much luck.  Suggestions and info would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
The Forum post is edited by Tom Jan 31 '14
Tom
Tom Jan 31 '14
I found the solution to the issue I was having.  When you save a .csv file from Excell on a Mac it does not place the end of line indicators correctly.  I imported my data into a Google Doc Spreadsheet and then exported a .csv file, which worked correctly.  This causes all of the contact info to be imported onto a single line in the spreadsheet.

I also needed to scroll down on the import tool field options to see all of them.  For the SkaDate Lite database that I'm using, they are as follows:

About, About My Match, Birthday, Body Type, Body Type, Drinking, Drinking, Email, Ethnicity, Ethnicity, Eye Color, Favorite Way to Spend Time, Favorite Way to Spend Time, Gender, Hair Color, Here For, In My Own Words, Looking For, Match's Desired Age, Password, Real Name, Should Search For, Smoking, Smoking, Username
The Forum post is edited by Tom Jan 31 '14