We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Official termination of operations statement. | Forum

JB TECH
JB TECH Jan 20 '20

Greetings!

First off, we'd like to thank the support we've gotten over the past year and so for the projects JB Tech has worked on, and done. We've worked with many different clients for many different projects, whether it be plugin license customers or those needing custom work done. We've appreciate the patronage and support along the way, and will do so forever.

However, due to a drop in sales, some losses in our team, and some other factors, JB Tech will be officially terminating all operations as of January 25th, 2020. Our closing statement here: http://jbtech.online/2020/01/20/closing-statement/

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 20 '20

Bad news for OxWall, another developer that is lost.

It is sad, it is very sad.

One question, in the farewell says:

The plugins will remain on the Oxwall store for several weeks, until we are able to remove them

Wouldn't it be possible for you to leave your plugins as open source for everyone?

It's a shame that your jobs are lost

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 21 '20
Seriously Sad to see you go JB Tech!
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 9 '20
:)
dave Leader
dave Feb 19 '20
Sorry JBT, 

The problem with making plugins open source is that the store was not designed (i was told by ross) to make a plugin free after it is priced... Meaning that a free plugin can be edited and a price set, but a plugin that is not free cannot be made free.  

So that would mean that all of JBT nonfree plugins would have to be deleted and re-added as free.  And i dont know how the plugin server would react to the same name plugin being set as free now. Maybe no issue at all, but i dont know i have never tested this.

Even if he lets people download the plugin from a public file on his server the oxwall server is still going to want to see a name for that on its server i believe. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 19 '20
AppXprt
AppXprt Feb 19 '20
Just pull the plugin and resubmit the Final zip as free?