We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall Main Page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Hi,

Sorry if it has been asked before but I was not able to find it in the forum.

How do I get a static page similar to the Main page of Oxwall Web site?  (image on top, 3 colomns, etc) : http://www.oxwall.org/index

Thamks so mutch,

Victor

Alia Team
Alia Nov 13 '12
Victor, the easiest way is to create a new page in admin panel> pages and menus> add new item. Insert desired html code into the "Content" block.
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Thank you Allia, you are very kind.  I will follow your directions and come back to let you know how it went.

Have a nice day!

Victor.

The Forum post is edited by Victor Daniel Tremblay Nov 14 '12
Victor Daniel Tremblay
I have decided to modify the main page with HTML Widgets.  For now it suits my needs.

Question : Is it possible to create a second Main page or similar type of page with accessible Widgets?

See picture attached...

Attachments:
  MainWidgetsMod.png (99.4Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Nov 14 '12
Victor, with current set up you will not be able to create a second main page with widgets. This requires custom code modification.
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Right Aliia.  I figured that one out after researching the forum.  It would be nice to be able to build our own pages with available widgets.  It would save a lot of coding time.

If someone did figure a way to do it (coding included) please feel free to share your experience ;-).

Thanks again Aliia.