We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ethics - You have them or you dont | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jan 23 '20
I know its frustating sometimes folks that you cant get stuff done you want to get done and it seems there are many walls up with rules about this and that. But please remain ethical. 

Today i received a copy of a paid plugin via PM and i refused to download it. The customer wants me to adapt my plugin to use it but i dont own the plugin.  So a few weeks ago i advised them that if they set me up a test environment on their server i could use the plugin legally in their environment and test mine at that time.  I guess they got impatient and or do not understand how seriously i take license issues. 

I told them i would not accept the plugin as it was a license violation and that i would also not want my plugins being shared that way, its a professional courtesy.  

The only reason i am even saying anything here about the subject is because it is perfect time (in these stressfull times) to remember who you really are and to stick to your ethics and principles regardless of the stress you may feel to get things done.  

Please dont be sharing paid plugins with others, there is no faster way to destroy what we have left here so please dont do it...  If that becomes a habbit you will see dev pulling their plugins faster than the snap of a finger and none of us want that.  So please dont... thanks 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 23 '20
Tyler Hoban
Tyler Hoban Jan 24 '20

The problem around nulled/cracked plugins is inevitable. People download the core platform for free and then they internally think that everything related to it should also be free. There is unfortunately a lack of caring about the developers that put everything into making their code.

I made my first Oxwall install in 2016. That site didn't last very long but I saw how truly wonderful this platform is. I have come back to it now to build my community and I think there is still greatness to be had. The problem is the lack of updates and people not caring about the platform and only their own interests.

I wish I had more to contribute back to the platform. In fact I don't just sit there and wish I could help out, I am trying every day to learn more about Oxwall so that I can be of use at some point.

I don't know if I have the right to say "we" as I am quite new to the forum. But I will for the sake of not having another way to describe it. We may be on dark times when it comes to updates and development but the community projects that have come up so far are very promising and I can't wait to see where they go.

I have no clue if we'll ever get another official update but I'm sure that as a community Oxwall can be maintained forever. Maybe someday we will migrate to one of the projects that are not exactly far enough along now but will be eventually. Maybe it doesn't live on as Oxwall but as something else.

But what I will say for sure is I'm sure there is a ton of people that are not ready to abandon this platform just due to the slowness of progress.

It's sad really. But as long as we stick together I'm sure there is a good ending for everyone.

Aspire Bedding
Aspire Bedding May 8 '23
Aspire Bedding, a well-known Pakistani bed sheets brand, offers its customers an extensive range of high-quality bed sheets in various designs, colors, and fabrics. The brand's bedsheets online sale offers unbeatable discounts on its products, making it an affordable choice for customers looking for comfortable and stylish bedding options. With an easy-to-use website and safe payment options, Aspire Bedding's online platform makes it easy for customers to shop for bed sheets online. Aspire Bedding is a site you should visit when you're looking for a bed sheets sale online in Pakistan!
Mannat Clothing
Mannat Clothing May 8 '23
Mannat Clothing is one of Pakistan's best online clothing stores that provides online shopping for women. Mannat Clothing offers a wide range of clothes to choose from, including both casual and formal wear.
Panache Apparel
Panache Apparel May 8 '23
Panache Apparel is an online clothing store where you can find beautiful Pakistani ladies dresses. Panache Apparel has a new collection of Pakistani dresses that combine traditional and modern styles.
Qhaaf Bedding
Qhaaf Bedding May 9 '23
Protect your mattress with Qhaaf Bedding's waterproof bed cover. Crafted using high-grade materials, this bed cover not only offers a comfortable sleep but also shields your mattress from spills, stains, and dust, ensuring its longevity.
topboosterseo
topboosterseo Jun 1 '23
Thank you for such a wonderful blog. Where else may also need to everybody get that kind of information written in this type of perfect manner? I even have a presentation that I am currently walking on, and I were at the be careful for such facts. Cortexi