We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

AdminPal Module | Forum

James Roney
James Roney Jan 24 '20
I am trying to install the AdminPal module and get the following error message.

Message:Invalid plugin key - `adminpal` provided for install!

File:public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/plugin_service.php

Line:374

Trace:

#0 /home/admin/web/mmaclub.co.za/public_html/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/plugins.php(686): BOL_PluginService->install('adminpal')

#1 [internal function]: ADMIN_CTRL_Plugins->install(Array)

#2 public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(250): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(ADMIN_CTRL_Plugins), Array)

#3 public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(226): OW_RequestHandler->processControllerAction(Object(ReflectionMethod), Object(ADMIN_CTRL_Plugins))

#4 public_html/ow_core/application.php(346): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()

#5 public_html/index.php(76): OW_Application->handleRequest()

#6 {main}

Type:LogicException

I have reset the license but the issue still occurs.

If I click back from this error message, then it still asks me for the key, but a green box comes up and says the key is verified.

The AdminPal module then leaves the available modules and shows up in the installed modules.  But when I try and apply the Admin Pal user I get the following error message:

Message:Can't find config `defaultFriendID` in section `adminpal`!public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.phpLine:167Trace:#0 public_html/ow_core/config.php(153): BOL_ConfigService->saveConfig('adminpal', 'defaultFriendID', '2')#1 public_html/ow_plugins/adminpal/controllers/admin.php(104): OW_Config->saveConfig('adminpal', 'defaultFriendID', '2')#2 public_html/ow_plugins/adminpal/controllers/admin.php(49): AdminPalForm->process(Array, Object(ADMINPAL_CTRL_Admin))#3 [internal function]: ADMINPAL_CTRL_Admin->index(Array)#4 public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(250): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(ADMINPAL_CTRL_Admin), Array)#5 public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(226): OW_RequestHandler->processControllerAction(Object(ReflectionMethod), Object(ADMINPAL_CTRL_Admin))#6 public_html/ow_core/application.php(346): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()#7 public_html/index.php(76): OW_Application->handleRequest()#8 {main}Type:InvalidArgumentException

This makes me think the Plugin is not installing correctly.

Thank in advance!

James

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 24 '20

It is improperly installed. You have to uninstall it completely and reinstall it, deactivating it and activating it will not be enough.

When installing it, it has given an error (perhaps because of the license or for another reason) and it appears as installed but the installation has not been completed successfully and is looking for a data in the database that does not exist.

Whenever you install a plugin and generate any type of error you must uninstall it completely and reinstall it to be sure that it will work correctly.

If doing this is not resolved, comment on the forum and we will try to help you.

James Roney
James Roney Jan 27 '20
Full uninstall, and then a reinstall results in a 500 error message.

If i goto the store and reset the key, the ip from the server is removed.  During the failed install.  The ip address is returned to the Key within the oxwall store.

Debug shows the following:

Message:Invalid plugin key - `adminpal` provided for install!File:public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/plugin_service.phpLine:374Trace:#0 public_html/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/plugins.php(686): BOL_PluginService->install('adminpal') #1 [internal function]: ADMIN_CTRL_Plugins->install(Array) #2 public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(250): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(ADMIN_CTRL_Plugins), Array) #3 public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(226): OW_RequestHandler->processControllerAction(Object(ReflectionMethod), Object(ADMIN_CTRL_Plugins)) #4 public_html/ow_core/application.php(346): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #5 public_html/index.php(76): OW_Application->handleRequest() #6 {main}Type:LogicException

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 27 '20

Whether or not the plugin license is valid, you do NOT have to generate a 500 error.

It must be another type of problem and the message is incorrect.

I bought this plugin https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/221 many years ago, but I don't use it.

I see you have recently updated and added new features. I see that he also uses the Friends and NewsFeed plugin and that the author https://developers.oxwall.com/user/Purusothaman says it can work if Friends is not installed, but says nothing from NewsFeed.

Do you have these two plugins installed and working correctly?

I recommend trying to contact the author and if he does not respond we can try to uninstall it and check the database in the plugins table, in the plugin configuration and in the cron file that has been successfully uninstalled.

Frequently, if a plugin does not successfully complete the installation, the uninstallation causes errors as well and must be removed manually.

James Roney
James Roney Jan 29 '20
Hi,

Yes. The Friends Plugin and the Newsfeed plugin are working well.  I tried to install the Google Analytics plugin and am getting similar 500 error messages.

This may be a permission or PHP version issue.  Can anyone assist?

Thx.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 29 '20

The error message is:

Invalid plugin key - `adminpal` provided for install!

The rest are the functions that have been executed until the error has occurred.

I am not sure because if I cannot reproduce the problem on my test website or access its control panel I cannot look at it exactly.

Look to see if uninstalled these plugins (not deactivating) disappears their respective entry in the ow_base_plugin table, it will not be that somehow continue registered there.

When you created "Google Analytics" and gave this error, had you previously installed and uninstalled "Google Analytics"?

What version of PHP are you using?

James Roney
James Roney Jan 29 '20
I have resolve the problem.

If using PHP version 7.0, download smarty 3.1.33 located here https://github.com/smarty-php/smarty/releases/tag/v3.1.33

Unzip the contents to folder /ow_libraries/vendor/smarty

Ensure permission are correct.

Try and install plugins again.

This resolved any plugins i try to install.  

Phew.  Happy Days!  Thx to everyone who assisted.  Answer was found in this post here:  https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/63828

Cheers!

AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 29 '20
:-)