We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User Credits How is it suppose to work - User Credits | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jan 30 '20
Hi, i am adding user credits to my plugin and i need to know from someone that uses it how its suppose to work from the users point of view. 

I have all the code added, everything shows up in the UC list, i added points so now i have my plugin items listed under receiving credits 10 each..

And nothing is listed under losing credits. 

So what is suppose to happen now, if i try to do something is there suppose to be a message that comes up that says i cant do it and i need credits or what... I just dont understand the purpose of this plugin. 

Can someone explain please.  Thanks 

Losing credits section is set how and where?

NEVERMIND i got it, wow if it was not for the hover message i would never have known that... you use a postive or negative number for gaining or losing.....  they need to add some text to the page to make that obvious... 

So now what happens... i dont have any credits and yet i can do stuff.... is there another settings somewhere in the UC that i have to set 

OK i found the subscription menu item and the profile widget's, that part i understand...  So it appears that all that is left to do is to add the logic code to block the access if not enough credits.  Honestly im kind of surprised. For 99 bucks im surprised its not all done for us since it grabs the group action values... But oh well. :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 30 '20
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 30 '20
What plugin are you referring to? I recently manually added a credits system to AppXprt.
dave Leader
dave Jan 30 '20
my video plugin

yeah i gotta me missing something like a setting somewhere.. My user has 5 credits and it cost 25 credits to add a blog, but i can add a blog no problem... So something is not right in the UC config that i missed i think. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 30 '20
AppXprt
AppXprt Jan 30 '20
You'll figure it out, you always do ;-)
Ken
Ken Jan 30 '20
You must disable plugins user role permissions to work if user role for add groups is enable the credits won’t work but if add groups is disabled and have credits it will work then
dave Leader
dave Jan 30 '20
Yeah i think i got it now....  and thanks Ken i appreciate that yeah i finally got the blog popup mesage about credits needed when i remove the user permissions...  lol its kind of funny sad because i spent so much time working on permissions for the uvideo plugin and now it seems i have to circumvent that to add UC to it....  ill figure out something :0), nothing worthwhile is ever easy.   

Thanks 

Joseph
Joseph Jan 31 '20
You got it figured out now? :)
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 31 '20

You have to check the conditions.

IF (you have permission from User Roles for) AND (you have enough Credits) THEN {you can}. ELSE {notice}

Or divided in two IF for a notice for each difficulty.

dave Leader
dave Jan 31 '20
Yep i have it figured out thanks a couple of files are not too bad but one is a workload navigating my permissions and security... 

I successfully built a snippet to check balance and deny if no credits or not enough credits using the UC instance...  :)   So one file is done and now i need to work the snippet into the other files and ill try to have it done today or tomorrow.. Been up all night and im getting tired lol  :)  

I will say one thing, the dev for this needs to put some instructions in the plugin somewhere, readme file or something... I cant imagine paying that much and then have no clue what your getting, that extra money you pay should include a hamburger and fries as well but some kind of documentation would be great and really help customers. 

But it works and its done right... :)  

For sure by saturday ill have it released but i want to be sure there is nothing else i want to add while im doing this first.. :)

Thanks for all the help guys and gals... much appreciated... 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 31 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jan 31 '20

I bought User Credits in 2013 for 39 USD ... Now it is very expensive.

You should have instructions for developers, but no, it doesn't.

You have two options: Study how it works or see how other plugins interact with it and do the same.

My MemberAds plugin https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1607 uses it, I give you a license for you to look at and comment on.

I also give you a Developer Tools license https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1685 that will be very good for you and that is how you advertise if you like, that I have not sold any.

dave Leader
dave Jan 31 '20
Great ill have a peek thanks so much... :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 9 '20

Send a ticket to skalfa if buy the plugin from them

They always respond to me when i do, and they can explain how it works

dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '20
I have it all covered, thanks :)
The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 10 '20
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '20
I forgot about that one, its gone.  Report for what, calling you by your given first name... you would be better off mailing me a rock and ill hit myself with it lol 
The Forum post is edited by dave Feb 10 '20
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Feb 10 '20
because it is not my first given name....you only think you know my first name....lol

move on...thanks..

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Feb 10 '20
dave Leader
dave Feb 10 '20
I have a few names i can think of lol hee hee 
dave Leader
dave Jul 22 '20
Topic was moved from General Chat.
You do not have permission to reply this topic