We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

SQL Request error just after install | Forum

Christophe Tricaud
Christophe Tricaud Feb 7 '20
I installed Oxwall with AMPPS on a windows machine. The mysql is 8.0 version and PHP7.3, Apache 2.4

The installation run well, the admin part work perfectly, and when I try to create a new profil I have this error with an order by classic error:

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 3065 Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'oxwall.section.name' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCTFile:C:\Ampps\www\oxwall\ow_core\database.phpLine:723Trace:#0 C:\Ampps\www\oxwall\ow_core\database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() #1 C:\Ampps\www\oxwall\ow_core\database.php(414): OW_Database->execute(' SELECT DISTINC...', Array) #2 C:\Ampps\www\oxwall\ow_system_plugins\base\bol\question_dao.php(315): OW_Database->queryForList(' SELECT DISTINC...', Array) #3 C:\Ampps\www\oxwall\ow_system_plugins\base\bol\question_service.php(726): BOL_QuestionDao->findRequiredQuestionsForAccountType('290365aadde35a9...') #4 C:\Ampps\www\oxwall\ow_system_plugins\base\bol\question_service.php(2428): BOL_QuestionService->findRequiredQuestionsForAccountType('290365aadde35a9...') #5 C:\Ampps\www\oxwall\ow_system_plugins\base\classes\event_handler.php(465): BOL_QuestionService->getEmptyRequiredQuestionsList(1) #6 C:\Ampps\www\oxwall\ow_core\event_manager.php(228): BASE_CLASS_EventHandler->onPluginsInitCheckUserStatus(Object(OW_Event)) #7 C:\Ampps\www\oxwall\index.php(74): OW_EventManager->trigger(Object(OW_Event)) #8 {main}Type:PDOException

I am quite surprise with this error, and I wonder what happened.

Can anyone help me? I tried to find an error similar on the forum but none were found?

Best regards

Christophe Tricaud
Paris, France

Marcus
Marcus Feb 7 '20
Ow is not compatible with php 7.2 and above
Marcus
Marcus Feb 7 '20
Check this discussion https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/66240 ;
The Forum post is edited by Marcus Feb 7 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 7 '20

Try installing this version:

https://owspain.com/files/view/15

You'll see how it works!

Christophe Tricaud
The problem is the same with php 5.6

This is not related with php version

Christophe Tricaud
Thank you Patricia I will try it
Christophe Tricaud
Same results:see the picture

Attachments:
  Capture.JPG (97Kb)
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Feb 7 '20
Check that the database is encoded as utf8_general_ci and not as uft8mb4_general_ci, and that it does not contain any tables before installing

Christophe Tricaud
This maybe a problem you are right, I will check this
Christophe Tricaud
Same problem, this is a bad request in sql statement, you xan not set order by in distinct statement this can not work

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Feb 7 '20
The problem is compatibility with your MySQL version, please take a look at this.

I copy and paste the solution here in case you don't want to read all that topic:

Solution compatible with AMMPS:

1. Open Ampps Application -> MySQL Tab -> Configuration.

2. In [mysqld] section, add that line: sql-mode="

3. Save the file and try starting MySQL

It should be fixed, let us know if the issue persists or if it is now fixed.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Feb 7 '20
Christophe Tricaud
Christophe Tricaud Feb 8 '20
Yes it works now.

Thank you very much for your help I do appreciate.

Best regards

Christophe Tricaud

Paris, France

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Feb 8 '20
I'm glad that it is now working, please let us know if you need help on anything else.

Senior Developer.