We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joseph
Joseph Nov 14 '12
ok so in my database I have a table called avatar but it does not show where the avatar is located it only has a hash tag I need to know where  the rest of the avatar info is stored
Alia Team
Alia Nov 14 '12
Joseph, what kind info are you referring to ?

Joseph
Joseph Nov 14 '12
ok I am looking for where it stores the location of the avatar like ok 

1.you have an avatar in a folder on the site

2.you have an avatar hash in ow_base_avatar

3.where is the other sql table that controls avatars?

Alia Team
Alia Nov 15 '12
Joseph, ow_base_avatar is the only place in the database where avatar info is stored. Numbers under "Hash" column indicate the date avatar was changed the last time in Unix time seconds.

All avatars are stored under ow_userfiles/plugins/base/avatars

Joseph
Joseph Nov 16 '12
ok but how does the site know what avatar to use I want to manually change a avatar to a animated gif for testing now I know there has to be some way to do that so how can I set the avatar manually who developed the avatar upload for the site?
Albert Estremera
Albert Estremera Jul 10 '14
So it seems that 3 Avatar photos are auto generated with a specific naming convention for each user that uploads an avatar:

The example above explained below:

(filename)_(ClientDB-ID)_(DB-Hash)

(avatar)_(9)_(1405032012)

(avatar_big)_(9)_(1405032012)

(avatar_original)_(9)_(1405032012)

The ow_base_avatar table in the DB will connect the corresponding avatar file name with the client ID in the ow_base_user table

In this example, unfortunately I had already deleted the account I tested with, but hope this helps someone else down the road.

The Forum post is edited by Albert Estremera Jul 10 '14