We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems after Oxwall VPS Migration | Forum

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Mar 19 '20

Hi guys

Problems after Oxwall VPS Migration

I have two problems, if anyone knows about it, I am waiting for help, I cannot find the solution of the problem.

I have moved my site to a VPS for the past 10 days, I have not been able to deal with two problems.

1-Language Editing Adding I want to download. When I press the confirmation button, 404 pages within the site are opened in the site content area. (Page not found, content may have been removed.)

I'm not talking about redirecting to the general 404 error page.

404 not found within the site.

Folder permissions and page permissions (0666-775-777) did not get any benefit.

2-My problem system does not open on old generation phones, but new model phones are also opening. I think the reason why new phone browsers are more flexible is skipping the error. However, other older models of phones could not be displayed, or this site may have been moved to a different IP address. Yes, I moved but made all my settings. I can connect on the desktop and next generation devices.

* Friends Debug mode tried,

* File permissions were tried,

* Server IP and DNS settings fixed.

* PHP version 5.6, 7.1, 7.2 tried

* Necessary limits for the server were provided at the highest level.

* An Oxwall was installed on the existing new server and passed all tests. *There is no problem. The problem is that my site is live.

* The most dilapidated division is this furnace. I replaced all my live site in the site root folder with a new oxwall, so I removed all plugins. I used an oxwall from 0, just reading the database of the old site. The problem persists. Language cannot be added, it cannot be edited, it cannot be downloaded, it cannot be opened in some mobile phones.

If you have not understood this nonsense, please present your understanding.

dave Leader
dave Mar 19 '20
OK so to be sure i understand.   You moved your site to a new ip on a new vps, you installed a new oxwall on the ip but are using the old db data.  The domain is the same. Is that correct so far?

Did you remember to use the old password salt from the old config file in your new config file?   Is your new domain ip propagated yet?

Im am wondering why you didnt just copy over all the files and the db together?  Then just reset your plugins and ready to go.

The Forum post is edited by dave Mar 19 '20
dave Leader
dave Mar 20 '20

Quote from Chris_W With the 404 problem, it does sound like a propagation problen Dave, all other settingd being the same.

Yep i agree, whenever i do something like that i always set one of my php/html files on the new ip/domain  to temp display the text "new site", that way i know right away via the browser that its pulling data from the new ip/domain files.  Using a propagation website is fine but this way shows direct proof.

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Mar 20 '20

beautiful human dave buddy

I followed the instructions for using the new oxwall. In addition, I did this for trial purposes only.

I am sending you my login information for a better understanding.

All you have to do is login to the language add page and try the following.

Edit language

Add language

Download language

Access the site with an old mobile device.

dave Leader
dave Mar 20 '20
I was not able to look at the admin area with that profile.  Also i dont believe that the admin area supports mobile.   Are you adding skadate features to an oxwall install?  Some of your features look like skadate.
The Forum post is edited by dave Mar 20 '20
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Mar 21 '20

Dude they have admin permissions for this account,

Mobile impressions on

I have skadate plugins, but these plugins started to be used 3-4 years ago. I had no problems with VPS migration before.

I have problems with Skadata plugins because of the gender problem.

Skadata no longer supports the oxwall store, he told me to switch to skadata. But it's impossible for me to do this.

dave Leader
dave Mar 22 '20
OK so it was the ssl cert for the first issue as you discovered.  The language page is not supported by oxwall in mobile so you have to open it in desktop mode.  Now after doing that you do get a 404 when you try to download any lang.  It happens when you press the but final button to export the language.  I will have a look at that part. 

You do understand that anything skadate is not supported on this forum, the only reason i am doing this is for the benefit of others that might have an oxwall install.  

here is the link to the 404 error message in the console...  

https://www.example.com/admin/settings/languages/mod:5194

looking at my test site the actual url should be just 

https://www.example.com/admin/settings/languages/mod

the :5194 is a port number, why is your site trying to load a port number... ?

The Forum post is edited by dave Mar 22 '20
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Mar 22 '20

I do not know, but I am about to go crazy, because of this problem, I put my other works in suspension.

I can't move on to the next job without solving the problem, in fact everything was working Everything was fine before the VPS transition.

Oxwall Türkiye

Fix all problems, problem new language structure.

In fact, my oxwall version is oxwall 4.0

Many fixes and improvements have been added.

There was a missing point in the language structure to control the Storge files structure. I fixed it and it is working now.

Chris_W brother, I know these kinds of topics, I wanted to open a forum here and get help on the problem as well as a topic related to this problem.

Our friends, who use a standard oxwall version, should take these paths into consideration. But my version has made a lot of changes.

Dave friend thank you very much for your interest and help

I concluded the answer to 2 questions.

dave Leader
dave Mar 22 '20
OK glad you got it sorted, so the resolve was that it was a custom coding issue, is that correct?
Oxwall Türkiye

The last step is to download 404 errors.

Yes, too many changes have been made.

You must have noticed when you have the opportunity to check.

Oxwall no longer has a self-employed team, too many adjustments for the 2-year release issue.

I am currently trying to show the Language download 404 error page, read the language structure from start to finish to find this problem.

dave Leader
dave Mar 22 '20
I would look at a server issue as well, something with the server config is causing the port to be added to the address.   

Here is something that might help.... have you checked your httpd.conf file ?  Look at the answer here, it should be 443 if you dont want the port in the url. 

https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/118440/how-to-remove-port-number-from-the-url

The Forum post is edited by dave Mar 22 '20
Oxwall Türkiye
I haven't made my port settings yet, I actually couldn't understand how you got this port number.
Oxwall Türkiye

only 1 of my customers is on gogdady.com

but my site is not godady either.

Port tuning for VPS has not yet been made.

Output ports for now

WHM-Cpanel

root

my domain:sosyallift com

dave Leader
dave Mar 22 '20
You might want to post your question over on the cPanel forum, they have lots of helpful people over there that can answer cPanel specific questions.   I used them alot in the past and very knowledgable.  

https://forums.cpanel.net/

dave Leader
dave Mar 22 '20
You do know that in WHM there are two places on the menu you need to install the certificate.  One is at the server level and one is at the domain level, you have already done the domain level via the cPanel for the domain.   Just do a search at the top of the menu in WHM for ssl or certificate and you will find them. 
Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Mar 23 '20

I am using Lets Encrypt, but this issue is displayed with the new certificate. There was no such problem before.

As Dave said, I will report this to Cpanel site, in addition to this problem, I have installed Lets Encrypt certificate usage on WHM, but Cpanel has also not enabled Lets Encrypt. Cpanel is loading its own free certificate.