We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Still running well! | Forum

Shilo
Shilo Apr 14 '20
I installed this about 4 years ago - our community never did really take off so I had sort of left it. I just went back to it today and updated the themes and plug ins and realized (especially after fighting with buddypress/bbpress ) how really smooth and great it works. A really wonderful option for a community. I had used Elgg years ago as well but found Oxwall far easier to run and more customizable. Anyhow - just a shout out to anyone checking the forums, wondering if Oxwall might be the right choice for them - I'd have to say go for it! :)
Shilo
Shilo Apr 14 '20
Hi Rob - not having an active development team officially connected to Oxwall isn't ideal for sure. As long as it all still works though, that's good , but I imagine that for someone new wanting to start up a big community it would be worrisome. 
usps tracking
usps tracking Jun 20 '20
This is  what never stopped active development about OXWALL
RegardsDavidUsps tracking

Quote from Shilo I installed this about 4 years ago - our community never did really take off so I had sort of left it. I just went back to it today and updated the themes and plug ins and realized (especially after fighting with buddypress/bbpress ) how really smooth and great it works. A really wonderful option for a community. I had used Elgg years ago as well but found Oxwall far easier to run and more customizable. Anyhow - just a shout out to anyone checking the forums, wondering if Oxwall might be the right choice for them - I'd have to say go for it! :)

dave Leader
dave Jun 21 '20
+1 david thanks for sharing your experience.