We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How can I censor/ban what users write or do on my site? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 15 '12
Is there a way to ban some of the words users write or images users upload on my site?
I want it to work in the same way wordpress let's admins insert some words in the control panel telling the system that it must ban users from inserting those words into it.
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks
Alia Team
Alia Nov 16 '12
Kumi, currently Oxwall doesn't have this feature for images and words used on your site ( we have this only for usernames).

This a custom code modificaiton. Google for "bad world filter javascript" or "bad world filter php" to get an idea of what needs to be done.

You can also suggest this feature to UserVoice.

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Nov 16 '12
Thanks for the advice. Does this mean in your next update,  you are going to incorporate bad word filter java script? Or if I generate bad word filter java script code, can it be compatible with Oxwall?

Alia Team
Alia Nov 16 '12
Kumi, usually features with the most votes at Uservoice are included in the next updates. I can not tell for sure which ones will be in the next update and which ones will not be right now.

>>Or if I generate bad word filter java script code, can it be compatible with Oxwall?

All depends on how you generate the code. And it is up to you to customize Oxwall to work with created code.