We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Use of this button ? ! - "suspend" & what will be the effect after suspending a profile ? | Forum

idea
idea Feb 9 '11
dear
1)
In admin panel > members > suspended
I suspended a member who is unverified under unverified tab then that member is also displayed in suspended tab, there I found a button named "suspend" what is use of it ?

2)
What will be the effect to that profile regarding display after suspending — a) admin / moderator b) member c) guests?
Attachments:
  Screenshot0056.jpg (36.04Kb)
idea
idea Feb 15 '11
any answer?
Den Team
Den Feb 16 '11
Hi, sorry for long response.
Currently, if you suspend user, he will not be shown in profile lists on the site. But this member swill be able to use the site. In upcoming update suspended user will not be able to use the site.
idea
idea Feb 16 '11
Thnx for reply and that will be must as per protocols of site.
but still I think you didn't got the point please see the image and read the question — I want to know about "suspend" button which is under "tab" — "suspended"!
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
Sorry for misunderstanding idea :)
Regarding point 1, it is a glitch. You will suspend user again by clicking "Suspend" on "Suspended users" page.
Henrik
Henrik Feb 12 '12
What is the current status on the suspend feature?

Can suspended users use the site?

Can other users see the suspended users profile, blog, photos, and so on?

Michael I.
Michael I. Feb 19 '12
No, suspended users cannot use the website though content created by that member would still be visible for other members.