We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newfeeds erreur | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Pat
Pat Apr 15 '20

what is a parsereror  im getting it everytime i try to post a comment.

Onur
Onur Apr 19 '20
i also have same problems when i use more older php version. you must to use php version 5.6 for oxwall :)) 
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 19 '20

I've tried to help, but he doesn't understand me and won't let me access his server.

He doesn't know the difference between the PHP version and the SkaDate/OxWall version, I ask him what plugins he has active and he gives me a list but it turns out he has others...

I get tired of helping for free to people with different problems that don't give easy access.

If they hire the technical service of SkaDate or one of the developers who charge they do provide what they ask, so I think they do not trust me.

I don't help anyone else with the usual problems of calls to widgets that are no longer there, corrupted DB tables and CSS customization. I will give ideas through the forum to anyone who asks publicly and nothing else.

Pat
Pat Apr 19 '20
Patricia Zorrilla inbox access server.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 19 '20

Pat

In another topic you told you have this version:

Skadate (10800). Platform version: 1.8.4 (10800)

That is a very very old skadate version and platform version that you use.

Please upgrade to latest skadate version and platform version if you was buy a skadate license ?

Latest is:

Skadate (11120). Platform version: 1.8.7 (11120) 2020-04-07

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 19 '20
Pat
Pat Apr 19 '20
Perfect I have a license for life, so I will update thank you.
Pat
Pat Apr 20 '20
Skadate (11120). Platform version: 1.8.7 (11120) 2020-04-20
Pat
Pat Apr 20 '20
same problem!
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 20 '20
I have this error before long time ago and i already forget what the problem was.

I think someone need access your server and take a look if:

1. cron runs

2. if there is errors in oxwall error log and cron log

3. check apache error log

4. check developer tools in your chrome browser for red console errors

5. server meet requirements

6. 777 file permissions on some folders

7. check php error log

8. check mysql error log

Or you can try do this things you self.

Let me know if something not understand and i try explain how you find it

Quote from Pat same problem!

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 20 '20
Pat
Pat Apr 20 '20
 OW_Ghost

inbox pleaser
Quote from OW_Ghost I have this error before long time ago and i already forget what the problem was.

I think someone need access your server and take a look if:

1. cron runs

2. if there is errors in oxwall error log and cron log

3. check apache error log

4. check developer tools in your chrome browser for red console errors

5. server meet requirements

6. 777 file permissions on some folders

7. check php error log

8. check mysql error log

Or you can try do this things you self.

Let me know if something not understand and i try explain how you find it

Quote from Pat same problem!

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 20 '20
No thank you....we can speak here in public....i will try help you.

ask anything we here to help

thank you

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 20 '20
Pat
Pat Apr 20 '20
newsfeed I make a message on a post and it downloads and after gives an error. See the attached attachment.
Quote from OW_Ghost No thank you....we can speak here in public....i will try help you.

ask anything we here to help

thank you

Attachments:
  erreur.PNG (60Kb)
Pat
Pat Apr 20 '20
On old posts in the year 2019 on some posts it works.

dave Leader
dave Apr 21 '20
Try running a check on your db via cpanel, then after the check run repair even if it does not find anything.   Something changed and you are the only one that would know what that was. Someone made a change or someone edited, added, or removed something.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 21 '20
Pat did you try look any errors logs that i recommend you to looking?

Let me know if you can not find this error logs

dave Leader
dave Apr 21 '20

This is one of his errors

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1364 Field 'likes' doesn't have a default value File:

The problem is that if i add the default value it will just error out on another field and so on and so on.  

So thats why i think its a maria DB issue with mysql strict mode, but i could be wrong of course.  Here is the ref i was reading last week for pat

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/strict-mode-question.648177/

The issue is that pat does not have root access so ssh is out and changing strict mode for the server is out  because the host wont do it.

It seems that maria DB defaults to strict mode. 

I think there may be a way to change this via phpmyadmin however this is a skadate site not an oxwall site and i dont know enough about skadate to warrent the change, it could cause other issues.   It is a skadate issue and so out of my hands.

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 21 '20
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 21 '20

try this:

• Enable DEBUG mode in config.php
  • Check your server's error logs
  • Deactivate all of your plugins one by one. Try to reproduce parse error after each deactivation.
  • Remove all Custom HTML widgets ( especially if they contain JavaScript code)one by one as well.Try to reproduce parse error after removing each widget.
  • Remove any custom script ( especially JavaScript) added to Oxwall's .html and .php files
dave Leader
dave Apr 21 '20

I spent half a day with him doing all of that, which is how i found that error.  He also did not have any correct file permissions which i corrected, among other things.

He either restored his DB or changed something probably not realizing what he was doing.  Which is the case most of the time with Pat.  Also the language barrier is a huge one as he really has a hard time understanding instructions, and i have a hard time understanding what he is saying as well.  

What surprises me is that as long as he has been around, he should understand the basics of site management and oxwall basics, but he does not for some reason, and that makes it really hard to help when he has no idea what you are speaking of.  

The only other thing that might work is to uninstall all plugins even the default ones, save his DB, destroy the DB, recreate it, and reload the Data.  But since maria db defaults to strict mode, we could end up at square one. 

He said that those posts from 2019 still allow comments, so that tells me that something changed between 2019 and 2020.  And as long as it has been (since he is just now noticing this), heck it could be most anything, is going to be very difficult to isolate that change.  So we can only go by error logs and trying to solve those issues.  

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 21 '20
oh okey....then he get help. hope you find it and like you told maybe try deactivate plugins but i should bee careful deactivate skadate system plugin because some plugins is needed for skadate software running
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Apr 21 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Apr 21 '20

Dave, try to locate a NewsFeed post that allows comments and one that doesn't. With this you have the problem located.

Now we need to investigate what differences there are when you post a comment on one post and another post.

The comments are stored in a table outside the NewsFeed plugin, and are linked by the EntityTipe and EntityId fields, but you have to locate the ID of the original creation of the post and not any of the subsequent records related to the same post. It is sufficient that the start record (marked as 'create') does not exist for this to happen. Surely this complicated system is corrupt and reinstalling NewsFeed everything works again but the solution we are looking for is not to lose all the publications.

Surely if you copy the NewsFeed and commentary tables and put them on a test website the problem will reproduce itself.

It is quite complicated to find out the inner workings of the NewsFeed plugin but when you know them you discover that it is very well resolved. The one who designed this is a genius and it would be very difficult to perfect it or do it any other way. Too bad he didn't write any documentation. 

Pages: 1 2 3 »