We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hello - Messenger | Forum

Herve
Herve May 30 '20
Hello
And for iphone they cannot install application?
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 31 '20
This plugin is for Android only, I will release a new Messenger plugin for iOS soon.

Please let me know if you need any help on this plugin.

Thank you.

Senior Developer.

Herve
Herve May 31 '20
Hello
I did the demo test with apk demo it's ok

Well I took app I followed the tutorial so far no problem

but my phone refuses to install app

the file does only 251 ko

Senior Developer Leader
I'm looking at the logs and I see a problem, Android does not handle very well making apps with UPPERCASE text in the Package Name.

Check the point 2.2 from the docs of this plugin: 

2.2 Set your android package name.
This name must be in lower case and contain dots between the name, this must be unique

Your Package name is:

com.G1Book.app

It should be:

com.g1book.app

Please go to your firebase console, open your project, go to settings and delete the app, then add a new APP with the correct package name:

Once done that, please download your new google-services.json file and updload it to the plugin's settings, Update the new Firebase Cloud Messaging Server Key too.

Now click in the "Generate APP" button in the plugin's settings. The new app will be build and ready in minutes.

Please let me know if you keep having issues.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer May 31 '20
Herve
Herve May 31 '20

ok I succeeded
why are there nulls everywhere?

Senior Developer Leader
How many languages do you have installed and enabled in your website? 

I tested this plugin with several languages installed, and with the default one(English).

If you have only one language enabled and if it is different from English, maybe I need to update some code to apply that only your language is loaded, I did not test this scenario before, and I think this may be the reason.

If so, please I will need ftp access (in a private message) to your website to update the code.

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer May 31 '20
Herve
Herve Aug 7 '20
Hello, should we update the apk on google store?
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Aug 7 '20

Yes, you need to rebuild the app in the plugin's settings and update the apk on google store.

You can read the changelog to see all the changes made to this app, let me know if you have any question or any issue: https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/65080

Senior Developer.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Aug 7 '20
Cesar Leiva
Cesar Leiva Aug 11 '20
Hello, it is possible to add a search engine for users by country identifying either the IP Gps or something similar, it would be great if the application could only show people from the country or have a filter to search for people within the locality
The Forum post is edited by Cesar Leiva Aug 19 '20
You do not have permission to reply this topic