We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Where is smarty dir in gitHub | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '20
Anyone know where the smarty dir is in gitHub repository.  It should be in ow_libraries/vendor/smarty    but its not there, the vendor folder is not even there.  So how do we update smarty via gitHub if no folder?  Do we create the folder?
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '20
Yes i know Patricia, but i mean how do i add the files to the oxwall repository, the vendor file does not exist in the repository.   Do i just add the folder myself and then do a pull request?
The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 27 '20
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 27 '20
If, like any external library, you update the PHP and nothing else
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '20
I wonder if they load smarty with composer after they perform all the pulls.  Has to be a reason its not there. 
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jun 28 '20
vendor dir is empty, because it using composer, if you want update smarty version, then update composer file
dave Leader
dave Jun 28 '20
Thanks ArtMedia :0)
dave Leader
dave Jun 28 '20
Done, the json file is updated to get all the latest versions of guzzle, smarty, phpmailer, symfony.
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jun 30 '20

updating phpmailer library without additional changes on oxwall core cause error and mails dont be sended,

i stopped pull my request on github repo, because nobody accept it, so this is not worth our work

dave Leader
dave Jun 30 '20
I agree its a challenge but what are we going to do, just sit and let it die without even trying?  That is not a option for me.  If they decide to start working on the gitHub tomorrow are we ready or are we just part of the problem.  I prefer to try!