We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Respect for buyers.! | Forum

Rob
Rob Jun 27 '20

When will the Oxwall Foundation and Oxwall itself, but especially Skalfa LLC, show respect for buyers of plugins and themes?

We purchased a plugin from Skalfa LLC a week ago and the money were transferred to Skalfa LLC, but this developer chooses to take TOTALY no action but also chooses NOT to assign the plugin to us.!!!

It's said they have run into problems and the plugin could be assigned these days but NOTHING happens untill today.

We created a ticket at Skalfa LLC which apparently falls under Skadate who apparently also handles the tickets.

However, an answer is not forthcoming as usual.!

A PM here on developers.oxwall was sent to Skalfa LLC, but they did NOT response as well.!

They can only receive money, but a plugin that is outdated but apparently still works well without updates for 4 years is not possible.!

It is not a product that needs to be shipped, but it is digital and the store here is also a digital environment, but assign a plugin is NOT possible.?

Apparently it is purely and only to be able to receive the money, for the rest they has no respect for the buyer.

A claim from our side will be made, because we are more than tired of this treatment.

Still with regards,

Admiraliteit Imedia

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 27 '20

Open a claim on PayPal?

In 60 days I have only sold one plugin.

The buyer has opened a claim on PayPal and they have returned the money.

He already has the plugin, I have no right to know where it is installed and the licensing system .... everyone knows how to break it if they know how to search in Google.

I still have 3 suspended plugins, they had 13 sales and 0 complaints. I'm sad. If OxWall were free, many plugins would be sold and one would not matter, but this situation .... No one is going to buy an OxWall from 5 years ago for 999 USD, so the horizon of sales for plugins is the remaining users, and if they treat them like Rob, then we will lose them too.

Rob
Rob Jun 27 '20

I can understand you very well Patricia that you are very disappointed, people do not like to spend money or invest easily in their company/websites.

Undoubtedly this will have to do with the Corona, because the economy has been hit.!

We do not easily submit a claim (this is actually our first time), but if the owner or co-owner of this website and therefore also developer of plugins and themes can no longer arrange their business affairs properly, I think the end of the website or organization is in sight.

We still do not have the plugin (at least the license), but the developer simply chooses not to respond to anything.!!!

We can be brief about stealing products, we don't do this and can't do this as well.

We only buy plugins and themes for exploiting divers websites.

We think that getting the store in order is being handled incorrectly, but no one can appreciate our opinion, so we stopped doing that.!!!

We just want the product we paid for and that we are respected as a buyer.

We don't think $ 99.00 is a small amount, but Skalfa LLC is happy to receive it without supplying anything.!

I thought the € 999.00 is for the Skadate version, which we think is a ridiculously a high price.

The version offered here is admittedly free but also very outdated.

Oxwall foundation / Oxwall / Skalfa LLC / Skadate has no respect at all for buyers in our view, but we also get a strong impression for developers like you.

But then again, who is waiting for our opinion.?

With regards to you Patricia,

Rob

Admiraliteit Imedia

David
David Jun 27 '20
I don't know why we are saying Oxwall is 999 dollars. Click "Download" on this site... and it downloads free, same as always.
Rob
Rob Jun 27 '20

David, I think I just explained that to Patricia.?

The basic skadate package costs $ 999, and indeed the download here on this website is free but again very outdated.

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Jun 27 '20

No, gentlemen, NO.

Imagine that you do not know anything about OxWall and that you arrive from the Google search engine and land at https://www.oxwall.com

You press "pricing" and it sends you to https://www.oxwall.com/order

Now tell me where is the free download site, the link to the demo website and the link to this forum.

Rob
Rob Jun 27 '20

Patricia,

See the attachments, there I find other things.

But I could be wrong though.!

Attachments:
  Oxwall-Skadate packages.JPG (117Kb)
  Oxwall free download.JPG (148Kb)
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '20
Topic was moved from General Questions.
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '20

I just did a google search for oxwall

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=oxwall

and it shows this

Rob
Rob Jun 27 '20

Does this info solve the problem of our purchase.?

In short: NO

It seems like asking to solve our problems totally yields nothing, no matter how and by what means we ask our questions.!

dave Leader
dave Jun 29 '20

Rob i am so sorry that you are having to deal with this challenge, i know that does not help much.  Nor does it help that we have done what we could in forwarding the messages to the responsible people.  If they choose to not reply then our hands are tied along with yours...

Again i know you are frustraited, so are we.  

David
David Jun 30 '20
What i am coming to understand now is that the problem solving is beyond the people who are trying hard to solve the problem... and the people who CAN solve the problem are beyond the reach of the others who are trying to resolve it for us. Dave, correct me if i am wrong in this interpretation?  I've been venting a lot about the very same thing. But what i guess i didn't realize was that their hands are as tied as ours are.  This is a sad state to be in, particularly because i still remain very devoted to the Oxwall ghost town... and i believe it really COULD thrive again.
Quote from Rob - Admiraliteit Imedia

Does this info solve the problem of our purchase.?

In short: NO

It seems like asking to solve our problems totally yields nothing, no matter how and by what means we ask our questions.!

Rob
Rob Jun 30 '20

Fortunately today after a ticket has been created at Skalfa which has been forwarded again to Skadate plus a discussion via PayPal, we finally have the long awaited plugin in our purchase list.

It seems that Oxwall is having trouble with the PayPal system that is linked to the store.

dave Leader
dave Jun 30 '20

Quote from Rob - Admiraliteit Imedia

Fortunately today after a ticket has been created at Skalfa which has been forwarded again to Skadate plus a discussion via PayPal, we finally have the long awaited plugin in our purchase list.

It seems that Oxwall is having trouble with the PayPal system that is linked to the store.

Glad you got your product :0)  

Rob
Rob Jun 30 '20

Thank you Dave, we had to do a lot for it but finally we have it.

If the team is still tackling the store well and updating the basic software (to the level of today), than Oxwall would make a good step in the direction.!

With regards,

Rob

Admiraliteit Imedia

Ken
Ken Jun 30 '20
I used to work with Skalfa LLC on the back in I had needed a special plugin done they told me $1500 at first then I explain in details what I needed they boost the price to double but when it got too expensive I then ask for the original $1500 agreement they denied to work for me and aggressively told me to kiss their behind and go to upwork.com and find someone one else to do it.... some people just doesn’t understand the value and quality of customer service in business anywho I did exactly what they told me go somewhere else I’m not spending my money on a company like that but I wish I had customers to service I’ll try my best to make them happy cause I need business not eagles can’t cash out egos in this world
The Forum post is edited by Ken Jun 30 '20
dave Leader
dave Jul 1 '20

However folks, there are two sides to every story. Back before i was with Oxwall i had a customer wanting some custom work on a dating sight and so i wrote out a bid of everthing in detail that they wanted me to do.  I faxed it to them, and had them sign it.   Payment arrangment was half up front and the other half net 10 days after completion.  

All parties agreed.  So at first things went great, they were very happy, however when the project was done they held the money because they said that one of the items on the list was not fixed.   Well the item on the list said i would look at the issue to make suggestions, i never said i would fix it for that price. 

We went round and round, i finally told him to keep the money and that i would never take work from him again.  It was then that i learned a hard lesson about not giving them all the code until i get the money first, i never had that issue again. 

And yes the customer came back begging for forgiveness because he found out he could not get it done any cheaper or better anywere else.   And yes i did finally get my money and then i fixed his problem for a small discount fee... So it all worked out...

So yes respect buyers but buyers need to respect good developers as well and abide by written contracts.. 

There were alot of times that i used an escrow company for my jobs, they held the money for the job until it was signed off then the customer got the code and i got my payment.  Having the escrow company as the middle man costs alittle bit of money but for me it was worth that to not have to deal with the issues.