We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

doesn't show feed new member's join by facebook account | Forum

idea
idea Feb 11 '11
dear,
A new person joined with facebook account the issue is -> the generated feed shows in latest activities but not in news feed!
Attachments:
  Screenshot0058.jpg (46.41Kb)
idea
idea Feb 11 '11
second file
Attachments:
  Screenshot0057.jpg (40.63Kb)
Den Team
Den Feb 14 '11
Did you update facebook connect to the latest revision? If no, please, update it.
The Forum post is edited by Den Feb 14 '11
idea
idea Feb 14 '11
ya I had
The Forum post is edited by idea Feb 15 '11
Den Team
Den Feb 15 '11
Would you post a revision number of your FB plugin? You can find it on ow_plugins/fbconnect/plugin.xml file.
idea
idea Feb 15 '11
here
The Forum post is edited by idea Feb 15 '11
Attachments:
  plugin.txt (0.63Kb)
Den Team
Den Feb 16 '11
You have an old version fbconnect.
The latest revision is 3060.
If you don't see update request for FB connect, it means that you didn't setup cronjob correctly.
Check it please. Or you can update it manually. Look here for manual update instructions.
idea
idea Feb 16 '11
what shall I do to get auto updation message ?
What are the reasons that auto updation notification doesn't appear in admin panel?
Here is cronjob — run.txt
The Forum post is edited by idea Feb 17 '11
Attachments:
  run.txt (3.42Kb)
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
Please, check this topic.
idea
idea Feb 21 '11
dear here is the attached php.txt file and run.txt for cronjob is attached in above posting
Attachments:
  php.txt (0.06Kb)
idea
idea Feb 21 '11
and here is phpinfo.txt please suggested and help if there is any error
Attachments:
  phpinfo.txt (0.02Kb)
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
idea
Sorry, but I asked in that topic the content of phpinfo(); function. So,please, would you attach here the output of this function from your site?
idea
idea Feb 21 '11
Dear addenster,

here in this thread I'd uploaded three things as it is as they are in my server ie- 1) run.txt 2) php.txt 3) phpinfo.txt in previous posts as attachments.

Do you need something different then this? I didn't know exactly where to find out that "content of phpinfo(); function." from :-(.
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
LOL when I opended your last attached file phpinfo.txt, I ahve found there these lines:
phpinfo();
?>

This is just a code. We need to look an output of this function. What exactly php settings this function will display :)
idea
idea Feb 21 '11
now what shall I do?
It's might be due to updation from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 because till it was showing every thing properly
The Forum post is edited by idea Feb 21 '11
Den Team
Den Feb 22 '11
idea
The main reason I asked you to post the output of phpinfo() here to check that you have "allow_url_fopen" enabled.
You can do it in 2 ways:
1) paste in index.php file of your site somewhere from newline this code:
phpinfo();
then open index page of your site, you will see PHP version info. Copy source code of index page to html file, zip it and attach here
2) Ask you hosting provider, does you hosting has "allow_url_fopen" in On position.

As alternative, you can update fbconnect manually. Download it from sote and upload to ow_plugins folder. Go to admin panel, it will ask to update fbconnect.

But I strongly recommend you to find out an issue why autoupdates are failed on your site :)
idea
idea Feb 22 '11
I'd just asked about query they told me that its on see the file attached.
Attachments:
  php.txt (0.08Kb)
Den Team
Den Feb 22 '11
It wasn't in your previous php.txt attach.
Please, wait for 24 hours and check for updates in your admin panel.
Comeback if it will not appear :)
idea
idea Feb 23 '11
dear addenster,
Still I didn't have any update notification in admin panel and here are the version of all plugins installed and current ow version.

Ow 1.0.3 — 3160
Activity 2712
Advertise 3095
Birthday 2832
Blogs 3160
Contact importer 2799
Contact us 2761
Data importer 2961
Data exporter 2673
Event 3184
FbConnect 3060
Forum 3151
Friends 3160
Google analytic 2761
Group 3154
Link 3162
Mailbox 3072
News feed 3148
Notification 3021
ocs slider 1
Photo 2761
Tiny chat 2410
User status 2688
Video 3132
Den Team
Den Feb 24 '11
provide me with your FTP/CPanel and site admin details. Our dev team will check your site :)