We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

time difference - between news feed and latest activities | Forum

idea
idea Feb 11 '11
dear,
There is time difference displayed between news feed and latest activities !

Also there is same issue when any notification's mail comes from the same site it shows lots of difference 19hrs etc though even sent few seconds before!
Attachments:
  Screenshot0059.jpg (39.92Kb)
idea
idea Feb 11 '11
second image
Attachments:
  Screenshot0060.jpg (35.74Kb)
Den Team
Den Feb 14 '11
Hi
Latest activity is the old and unsupported plugin and must be removed from site.
So, please, use newsfeed instead it :)
Regarding mail notifications, would you post more details? You see 19hours ago in mail notifications which was sent few seconds before? What option did you chose in preferences for sending notifications? Daily, weekly or immediately?
idea
idea Feb 14 '11
1) I referred "latest activities" just for our knowledge… That there is a bug regarding time difference, Infect "latest activities" 's time is correct… !

2) regarding mail — its difficult to explain but say for example — you and me both are member, if you send me a friend request it will notify me on my registered mail Id, the containt of mail shows a sentence " Dear idea, Here's the latest activity on site related to you: 17 hours ago"… This 17 hours ago is a time difference bug, actually the activities were happened just few seconds before. I suggest if there is a date + time (time should be of the country selected in admin area like dilli — asia)
Den Team
Den Feb 15 '11
This time different cos there is no one Time Zone system in oxwall now. And different plugin solve this problem in different ways :)
We have added Time Zone feature in our TODO list. User will be able to chose his current time zone on preferences settings.