We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

fatal error -- urgent | Forum

Ash
Ash Jul 25 '20

hi

this is the 2nd time in 3days my site is crashed and showing error500

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/website.com/ow_includes/define.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear') in /home/website.com/ow_includes/init.php on line 25

can anyone pls guide and provide ref link how to solve this?

it was auto installed via softaculous

dave Leader
dave Jul 25 '20
is the define.php file there and is it correctly spelled with the proper extension of php
Ash
Ash Jul 26 '20

Quote from dave is the define.php file there and is it correctly spelled with the proper extension of php
Thanks! Solved.
Ash
Ash Jul 26 '20

Quote from dave is the define.php file there and is it correctly spelled with the proper extension of php
i really dont know ... why my files are going missing from /ow_system_plugins/base/components and /ow_system_plugins/base/controllers 

have done a temporary fix by uploading manually by running debug.

Do you have any idea why this can happens?

dave Leader
dave Jul 26 '20

It has happened to me before when i zip oxwall from one domain and put it on another server and when i unzip it sometimes there are files that have .htm and .ph rather than .html and .php  that is how i knew your issue. 

Why it happens i dont know exactly, at first i contributed it to me foolishing using a really old version of winrar, then i started using only winzip and i have not noticed any new issues, but i have not done alot of uploads of zip files so it could still happen, its too early to tell.

All i can think of as to why you keep losing whole files is that maybe the file owner permission is not set correctly. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 26 '20
Ash
Ash Jul 27 '20

Quote from dave

It has happened to me before when i zip oxwall from one domain and put it on another server and when i unzip it sometimes there are files that have .htm and .ph rather than .html and .php  that is how i knew your issue. 

Why it happens i dont know exactly, at first i contributed it to me foolishing using a really old version of winrar, then i started using only winzip and i have not noticed any new issues, but i have not done alot of uploads of zip files so it could still happen, its too early to tell.

All i can think of as to why you keep losing whole files is that maybe the file owner permission is not set correctly.  

Yes it seems with folder permissions, thanks! its since 2days now running fine, I will connect you if this occurs again. Thanks once again! You have been really very supportive Sir!

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 27 '20
dave Leader
dave Jul 27 '20

you are very welcome.   :)    

i did edit your post and removed the 2x quote text that was posted in error.