We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

INVITE NEW MEMBER EARN CREDITS - User Credits | Forum

Connect
Connect Nov 20 '12
How to enable for members to INVITE get credit?
Ronald Roberts
Ronald Roberts Dec 26 '12
Good question!!! I would like to do this as well.
Jacq
Jacq Jan 3 '13
And me!

HobbyBook
HobbyBook Jan 5 '13
In admin on the user credit configuration page >>> scroll down to setup and you should see "invite friends" click on the price and enter in a number. It will automatically add the "invite friend" to the receiving credit table. Vice versa set the price to 0 in the receiving credit table and it will add it to the set up table and no credit is attached to the action. 

I hope this helps. I haven't tested it to see if the credit is actually applied so would be interested to hear your feedback.

Jacq
Jacq Jan 5 '13
I guess you need another plugin to see the 'Invite friends' in the user credit config.?  It is not on my list.
HobbyBook
HobbyBook Jan 5 '13
Hi Jacq, click on another action that will not be used and change the text in the pop up box to invite friends. 
Jacq
Jacq Jan 5 '13
Hi Hobby,  If I change an existing action (currently not in use) to 'invite friends' where does the site pull on the information to award the credits?  The only way my users can invite friends is through contact importer.  Is this some how connected?
HobbyBook
HobbyBook Jan 5 '13
Hi again Jacq,

I bought the plugin today. I'm not a developer. I'm just trying to find a solution to this question. I'm surprised it's not added to the plugin already.
My site doesn't yet contain active members so difficult for me to really test. I put my findings here in the hope it helps or perhaps we can figure out a solution together
Sorry the text should be changed to Import friend and yes it's connected with the contact import and user credit plugins in the language file.
To check >> go to admin >> settings >> language>> select contact importer and enter import friend in the search box 
Import friend
{text key='contactimporter+usercredits_action_import_friend'} 

If you decide to try it...let me know if it works for you. Thank you!

The Forum post is edited by HobbyBook Jan 5 '13
Jacq
Jacq Jan 5 '13
Hobby,  If it is connected to contact importer then I totally understand but I find this way of inviting inferior.  Its like mass mailing everyone on your contact list with the hope of them signing up.  In my experience this is not successful.

I was hoping this plugin might include some sort of referral programme.  Another words a new user has found out about your site through someone else spreading the word on twitter, writing a post on facebook/blog /other forum etc and when that new user joins they quote the 'existing' user who referred them, which then prompts the credits to be issued to that existing user.

e.g.  a post might include "I know this great site it is ........when you join make sure you let them know that 'usernameX' told you about them"

There could be a field made available at sign up where they could insert the name/existing user
The Forum post is edited by Jacq Jan 5 '13
HobbyBook
HobbyBook Jan 5 '13
That would be a really useful addition to this plugin.

I know this is not an ideal solution ... you could do it manually.

Go to admin >> settings >> language >> select contact importer >> on page 2 edit the sent out emails.
Go to admin >> users >> add question

Question : ask for referral member name 

Description: optional

Section: select basic

Answer type: select text or extended text

Required: checked

On sign up: checked

On Profile edit: uncheck

On profile view: uncheck 

On search: uncheck
Click save and add new
Go to the new members profile and see the referral name on the basic tab with a little eye next to it, which means it's not visible to all members. You can manually award the credits to the appropriate member by clicking on their profile, click on credit, add the amount and click save. 

The Forum post is edited by HobbyBook Jan 5 '13
Jacq
Jacq Jan 5 '13
Yes I use this referral programme now and add credits manually.  It is very admin time consuming! lol
The Forum post is edited by Jacq Jan 5 '13
HobbyBook
HobbyBook Jan 5 '13
LOL it is! well let's hope the developer checks the forum and includes your idea in the plugin!!
Jam
Jam Jan 11 '13
is it the invite friends are working on this plugins?..
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Do you guys mean to enable credit points for inviting friends? If so its possible.
Jacq
Jacq Jan 13 '13
Yes Purus
Jam
Jam Jan 13 '13
is this plugin works well?.. how about inviting friends?.. can user received point by inviting friends?..
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 17 '13
Jam, users receive credits if they invite friends.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 17 '13
>>LOL it is! well let's hope the developer checks the forum and includes your idea in the plugin!!

Thank you for the idea.
Jam
Jam Jan 21 '13
Yes that's what we are asking Skalfa LLC that if a user refers they will get points

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 21 '13
Jam,  currently User1 receives credits if User2 joined the site using User1's invitation.

However, we don't have referral program. As I have understood referral system should work following way:

1. System generates referral code.
2. Site users can use this code to give it to their friends.
3. When new users register on your site, they can enter this code.
4. System checks to whom this code was given originally and assigns credits to that user.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Jan 21 '13
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic