We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

google location map not working anymore | Forum

Onur
Onur Aug 2 '20
google location map not working anymore. i checked it is not working anymore maybe i reached limit on google map. 

i need a location plugin based my server and dabase? 
any idea or plugin for it?
dave Leader
dave Aug 2 '20
Topic was moved from General Questions.
dave Leader
dave Aug 2 '20

Did you check to see if you are getting any errors in your console for google? 

Also did you check to see if the code you have for google is still current and correct?

I dont know of any other location plugin, but i dont know all the plugins either.

Onur
Onur Aug 2 '20

Quote from dave

Did you check to see if you are getting any errors in your console for google? 

Also did you check to see if the code you have for google is still current and correct?

I dont know of any other location plugin, but i dont know all the plugins either.

google code is correct. i din't change nothing it was working 2 days ago. today not working anymore.
Onur
Onur Aug 2 '20
this is error file  on my account.

google.places.Geocoding.Javascript
dave Leader
dave Aug 2 '20

have you checked here

developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/geocoding

is it a service you pay for and your balance is due maybe ?

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 4 '20
Onur
Onur Aug 3 '20

Hi Onur,

Hope you’re well!

Thank you for contacting Google Maps Platform Billing Support. Sorry to hear that your Maps project has been interrupted. Rest assured that I will give you the best possible advice.

I’ve checked your account and can confirm that your free trial of $300 (12 months) has expired. Hence the account was closed. To activate, you have to upgrade your Billing account. 

To upgrade your account, you may follow the steps on the link below [1]. From the free trial to a paid account through the “Google Cloud Console”. To upgrade your account to a paid account, click the “Activate” button. If the Activate button is not visible, on the menu bar, click the “Free trial status” icon and the Activate button will appear.

Note that you can still get a recurring $200 credit on your billing account each month to offset your usage costs once you upgrade.

Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to write back to this message as it can still be reopened within the next 7 days and I’ll be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Julie
Google Maps Platform Billing Support

[1] - https://cloud.google.com/...e/docs/gcp-free-tier

ref:_00Df423Flu._5004MeK2J9:ref

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 3 '20

It can't be a plugin problem because it works correctly for me.

Have you put a correct Google KEY API following the steps recommended by the plugin itself through this link?

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/overview

Onur
Onur Aug 3 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

Have you put a correct Google KEY API following the steps recommended by the plugin itself through this link?

they want to upgrade my account to billing account. i don't know how much will i pay monthly :((((
Onur
Onur Aug 3 '20
1000 checking location map 5$ omg. it is very expensive. maybe i think it will be cost 200-300$ every month. 
dave Leader
dave Aug 3 '20
At least we know why its not working for you now.
The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 3 '20
Onur
Onur Aug 3 '20

Quote from dave At least we know why its not working for you now.
yes. but it is very expensive i don't want to pay eveymonth 100-150$ for google. i checked my data. it is costing minum 100$ per month. i need a another solution
dave Leader
dave Aug 3 '20

check this out

surfshark.com/blog/google-maps-alternative

may not be anything there but it might get you on the right path to find something :)

Onur
Onur Aug 4 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

when your trial version will be finish. you will also have same problem with me.
HerryJoseph
HerryJoseph Jun 26 '23

Local Guides are individuals who actively contribute their knowledge and experiences to enhance Google Maps. As passionate enthusiasts, they play a vital role in providing valuable information about local places, attractions, businesses, and more. By sharing their insights, they help fellow users make informed decisions and discover new destinations.

Local Guides contribute in various ways, including writing reviews, rating places, uploading photos, and verifying information. These contributions help ensure that the information available on Google Maps is accurate, up-to-date, and reliable. Additionally, Local Guides can answer questions from other users, providing helpful guidance and insider tips.

The Local Guides program encourages community engagement and rewards participants for their contributions. As Local Guides accumulate points through their activities, they can unlock different levels and enjoy corresponding benefits. These perks may include early access to features, invitations to exclusive events, and increased visibility in the Local Guides community.

John Staples
John Staples Jul 24 '23
Looking for a location changer that’s not gonna tell me I can change my location then tell me to pay for it, Dont need a joystick or anything like most spoofers have
NickSun
NickSun Jul 24 '23
From my experience, I can tell you that finding a really good location changer app is not easy at all these days. This is due to the fact that over the past few years a huge number of such applications have appeared and among all this abundance it is quite difficult to decide on a choice. Well, recently I was lucky enough to come across this location changer which turned out to be much better and more effective than all GPS spoofing apps I have used before.