We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

oxwall seo is dead sea for google | Forum

Onur
Onur Aug 3 '20
oxwall seo is dead sea for google

here last 24 hours scaned pages. i checked all oxwall websites wich i know. all is same.

AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 3 '20
Maybe try a different name? How often is ilkok searched?

Here you are at the top of your search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ilkok&oq=ilkok&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.2706j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Let's take a look at Google Trends for that search. 

With Google Trends, you have to compare against another keyword so I'll search against "Social Media":
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=ilkok,social%20media

Name and Brand are everything...

Maybe, make your main site a Wordpress site for SEO with Oxwall as the social side of things with links to it in the main site menu...

The Forum post is edited by AppXprt Aug 3 '20
Onur
Onur Aug 3 '20

Quote from AppXprt Maybe try a different name? How often is ilkok searched?

Here you are at the top of your search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ilkok&oq=ilkok&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.2706j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Let's take a look at Google Trends for that search. 

With Google Trends, you have to compare against another keyword so I'll search against "Social Media":
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=ilkok,social%20media

problem is not about name. about the pages seo
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 3 '20
You're going up against Social Network Giants here...

Your name is ilkok Social Network, so don't expect any traffic based on searches for that, because there are none...

Your other way is to target the keyword "Social Network" or "Social Media"....

Good Luck beating Facebook..

In my opinion, you're targeting too large of an audience with a General Purpose Social Media Network, which the world just doesn't need another... And.... There is no way to compete against the larger Social Media Giants with something like Oxwall.

That being said, your best bet is to target a smaller, specific niche...

AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 3 '20
Why should anyone use Ilkok over Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Reddit, Etc...?

Everyone is already on all the others, why do we need another that no one is on yet?

You'll have to get creative and more specific.

These aren't attacks, just trying to get you to think outside the box a little and think of something to set your network apart from the others..

:-)

Onur
Onur Aug 3 '20

Quote from AppXprt Why should anyone use Ilkok over Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Reddit, Etc...?

Everyone is already on all the others, why do we need another that no one is on yet?

You'll have to get creative and more specific.

These aren't attacks, just trying to get you to think outside the box a little and think of something to set your network apart from the others..

:-)

thanks for opinions. i will think about it.
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 3 '20
Don't let it discourage you, just come up with something that none of the others have yet to make your site special or target a specific group of people.

I like what Toyota-Supre.de, NotOnlyPhotos.com and Somoscd.es have done with their sites.

All 3 of these Oxwall sites target very specific niches, very well.

dave Leader
dave Aug 3 '20

You need to use  site: example.com  (no www) 

site: ilkok.com

i see pages of results.. more than 10 pages

+1 AppXprt

Here Ilkok is a reminder in case you forgot the basics :) 

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/51775

Remember, those sites that you see nationally now (regardless of topic) spent years in the local market and then they grew. You cant expect the reward unless you do the basic footwork first.  Get out there and share your love and excitement of your site, dont get discouraged by negative feedback, use it to grow and learn about your market needs.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 4 '20
This i want to do:

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Maybe, make your main site a Wordpress site for SEO with Oxwall as the social side of things with links to it in the main site menu...

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

A really good advice :)

I thinking about this now for some months....should i move my oxwall site to a subdomain or just open a new domain ? what is the best to do? hmmm.....

dave Leader
dave Aug 4 '20
Ghost, im not sure i would take away any exposure you have already gained by moving the Oxwall site, keep what you have.  IMO install a new WP site under a new domain name (not a sub domain) and then link your Oxwall site to it.   Then WP can start building spider data including your Oxwall site.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 4 '20
I not agree with you dave.

Better do same appxprt told from start.

Because i have build up backlinks to the old main url and then i should use that for my wordpress new landing pages :) it will bee a nice combination of SEO boost. but oofcourse if you have many bad backlinks you just want to leave that domain as a landing page adn go for you version dave.

Look at oxwall.com they did the same i want to do . and skadate.com use wordpress for marketing and then use demos on subdomains. this is very smart and i think very awsome way bee more visible on internet. a combination of wordpress and oxwall is awsome in many ways. wordpress good at landing pages and SEO. and then oxwall good at run social scripts for the core of you webste

dave Leader
dave Aug 4 '20
That makes sense, but either way i feel you get the best of both parts.  
Marcus
Marcus Aug 4 '20
if u just submited ur site to console it will take time baby to get indexed. it all depends on how good u utilize internal linking. some pages won't show at all if they dont have any value in the ayes of google. i got hundred of thousands of pages crawled but not indexed. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 4 '20
yes i know if you by mistake did index all profiles pages and search pages and other stuff then you need dissallow for exmaple yoursite.com/users/ and then tell you sitemap not index this pages then last step is re-submit your sitemap in google search console. 

i not want index profile pages because again oxwall have no good solution about deleted profiles. google not like the errors after delete a profile so i decide not index profile pages. and search pages on skadate are not mobile friendly so i removed them to

ALL i need is 110% awsome SEO friendly landing pages that follow every little SEO rule that always changes and i feel wordpress are they who are good at SEO when it comes to landing pages. offcourse you can alwasy create you own landing pages but then you need update them you self to, and i not interested keep up my self with all new SEO rules i let wordpress handle that and all 1000000 developers that use it everyday

yes it make sence get good stuff from both parts :) 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 4 '20
Marcus
Marcus Aug 5 '20
ur right some pages got meta tags missing i do recall taking care of that at one point. 
dave Leader
dave Aug 5 '20
Google does not use tags anymore that i know of...  and oxwall removed that code from the core
Marcus
Marcus Aug 5 '20
u know that they say baby... better have it and not need it than need it and not have it lol
AppXprt
AppXprt Aug 5 '20
I wouldn't have removed tags just because Google did it...

Other search engines probably still utilize them somewhat...

Plus, I doubt Google completely nuked everything to do with them...

Society, Competitors and Companies need to stop following everything Google does and harping on their every word...

Very soon, Google may be a shadow of their former self.

dave Leader
dave Aug 5 '20
lol True....
Daniel
Daniel May 1 '23
Work in this area is a promising expedient solution. By the way, I would also like to change the fact that we all need to know the rules before we start work. In this case, therefore, I would like to mention SEO from this site https://naturallinks.net/services/full-cycle-seo/link-building/ which all people without exception should be aware of in order to avoid problems at work. Therefore, if you are also interested in continuing the development, you can look at this resource.