We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

newsfeed error | Forum

Onur
Onur Aug 18 '20
Error details:Type:ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'type":"link","description":null,"title":null,"thumbnail_url":null,"href":"http:/' at line 1File:/var/www/vhosts/ilkok.com/httpdocs/ow_core/database.phpLine:723
dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '20

It means that you have posted something (newsfeed image or something) with some link that the db chocked on for some reason.  Either a field that is null that is not suppose to be or similar.

Sometimes this happens when people post special characters in the newsfeed. 

Are you running your db using utf8 as default? If so, you really need to be using utf8mb4_general_ci which supports more special characters.

As for the fix, last time i helped someone with similar issue i had to go into the db newsfeed tables and clean out the entries for that post.

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 19 '20
Onur
Onur Aug 20 '20
i dont share when members share urls on their newsfeeds page. all oxwall website not opening anymore only working mobile version :)))  i had this 20 times.
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Aug 20 '20

It's a syntax error, I think it's the recurring theme that MariaDB server needs field name references to be put in quotation marks with ' and not without them as most plugins do.

Maybe there are more ways to solve this, but I only know one: reproduce the error, capture the complete sequence of the SQL command and see which plugin has generated it, where and be able to correct it by editing the corresponding PHP file.

I can only do this by accessing the database, so I can copy the tables involved and reproduce the problem in my development web.

You need to trust the person to whom you are going to provide your passwords, but there are problems in your car that can neither be diagnosed nor solved if you don't open the bonnet.

PM if you want my free help, ilkok, sorry I don't have a generic solution for this problem without access to the database

dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '20
+1 patricia  if its not obvious via a known post or special chars, the best way is to output the exact query command and see were the issue is.  
Onur
Onur Aug 22 '20
i resolved problem. it is not problem. it is a oxwall bug. when someone share a website urls it is giving same this this errors.
Eduard
Eduard Oct 5 '20

Quote from O i resolved problem. it is not problem. it is a oxwall bug. when someone share a website urls it is giving same this this errors.

But how did you fix this?

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Oct 5 '20

There is a conflict that affects the situation during registration,

You deleted a user who wanted to share a possible link.

There are remnants of this user.

Increase your server response time, increase waiting time.

In some cases, the processing wait time is exceeded. The registration process is interrupted, which means that the desired entry to view cannot be obtained.

Increase the maximum load time for your situation to recur. But remember that this will tire your server.

You need to find the actual source, understand why the server is delaying for data recording.

It might be an add-on issue, a code conflict, it might be an issue of the last change made.

The always seen reason is lack of server, many people think the server is adequate. But this is also the initiative of the server technical unit. Keeping you on a heavily used server may affect you, it may have put you in an old and low package.

You can only see the information specified on the host company's screen.

You may not be able to keep track of him changing the information as he wishes.