We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

divided user groups | Forum

adam
adam Sep 1 '20

Apologies if this has been asked before...if so can someone provide a link.

Is there a way of splitting different users?  I have 'fans' and 'Acts' and have set different user roles for each. Can I for example, have 'featured fans' and 'featured acts'. Also can I duplicate a page?

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Sep 1 '20

You have User Types

yoursite.com/admin/users/profile-questions

Maybe it will help you. It is more powerful, and allows you to have different questions in the profile for each type of user

adam
adam Sep 1 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

You have User Types

yoursite.com/admin/users/profile-questions

Maybe it will help you. It is more powerful, and allows you to have different questions in the profile for each type of user

Hi yes, I have them as user types. However I wish to split them once they are registered for example featured users. Currently I can mark a fan or an act as featured and they are both listed in fetured users. However, I was hoping to have 'featured fans' listed SEPERATELY to 'featured acts'.  I hope this makes sense..
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Sep 1 '20

Perhaps the possibility of creating four types of users will help you, there is a plugin out there that allows you to change the type of account of already registered users.

Or maybe a combination of User Roles and User Types.

If it does not work for you, you will require a custom job

adam
adam Sep 1 '20

Quote from Patricia Zorrilla

Perhaps the possibility of creating four types of users will help you, there is a plugin out there that allows you to change the type of account of already registered users.

Or maybe a combination of User Roles and User Types.

If it does not work for you, you will require a custom job

thanks for your input, I'll have a think and play I maybe able to come up with an alternative solution.