We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Discontinuing My Plugin Updates | Forum

dave Leader
dave Nov 26 '20

Notice:   If oxwall changes their mind and updates the core then this does not apply. 

Effective at midnight tonight I will no longer be issuing updates to any of my plugins unless it is a bug.  I will be firm on this..  I will no longer be doing any kind of special coding for them or individual customization, or adding new features.

The ones i am currently working on are the last ones, so if i am working on a fix or customization for you right now, you are ok i will finish the task.  But i will no longer be taking on any new requests as i said unless its a bug. And a bug means that something that i did is broken.

A bug is NOT something that happens due to changes with php or other dependency as oxwall is so far behind on updates.  So if the environment of oxwall is causing the plugin failure, it is not my doing and it will not be fixed. 

Once my plugins are over on patricias store then at that time i can be alittle more flexible, i will let you know.  But as far as the oxwall environment its time that i start planning for a different future.

When the time comes (i will decide when) i will pull all of my plugins from the store and issue new keys to current customers using patricias store.    So you will NOT lose functionality or license of the plugin, it will just no longer be under the oxwall environment. 

When that time comes i will also tender my resignation to Emil to part from my voluntary duties at oxwall completely.  I suspect maybe they will assign someone at that time from Skadate or other Emil venture to babysite the site.

Until then i will continue to do what is asked of me with 100% dedication (nothing will change) and to help however i can help oxwall and its users.  So please do not worry about that, i will give you plenty of lead time ahead of my decision. 

I am not upset at Emil or Oxwall, disapointed yes, sad yes... but not angry, it was a business decision they made and business is business... :)  my professionalism will continue...

If you have questions please ask...

thanks,

Dave

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 26 '20