We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Private Albums by Skalfa | Forum

Shaun
Shaun Dec 11 '20

I am having a small issue with the plugin where all photo's show as being password protected even they have been set up as public.

The problem was reported in this POST on the Plugins page but has never been fixed despite the developer acknowledging the issue.

I was wondering if anyone had found a fix for the issue?

Thanks.

dave Leader
dave Dec 12 '20
Topic was moved from General Questions.
gami
gami Dec 13 '20
i have the same problem ... but sklafa just doesn't care
Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Dec 13 '20

I have tried it and cannot reproduce the problem.

This plugin works as an extension of the Privacy plugin, if privacy is not installed and active all photos are public.

Questions:

- Have you installed / uninstalled or activated / deactivated one of these two plugins and then the problem has appeared?

- What version of PHP are you using?

Shaun
Shaun Dec 19 '20

I tried unistaling and re installing the plugins but unfortunatly I just ended up breaking my site compleetly and loosing all the photo's so I have deactivated the plugin for now and will make do without it.

Very dissapointing that Skalfa have not fixed this known issue after all this time.

Fallon Corbitt
Fallon Corbitt Jul 19 '22

Quote from Shaun

I tried unistaling and re installing the mapquest driving directions plugins but unfortunatly I just ended up breaking my site compleetly and loosing all the photo's so I have deactivated the plugin for now and will make do without it.

Very dissapointing that Skalfa have not fixed this known issue after all this time.

The plugins of this developer have always been conflicting, read the forums and reviews of each plugin.

The usefulness of these plugins is based on promoting your OxWall website on others, and logically these detect this as spam and protect themselves as they can.