We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

mobile ready in 2012? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joseph
Joseph Nov 25 '12
we were told back in 2011 that 2012 would be the year to go oxwall mobile if I need I will pull up that post but my question is since this update is taking so long are you guys gonna include mobile?
Alia Team
Alia Nov 26 '12
Joseph, indeed we were planning to devote our resources to mobile app development this year. But development of 1.5 build  took us more time then we expected since quite a lot of complex changes were added to make it stand out from previous releases. I am afraid that mobile app will not be included into the upcoming build.
Joseph
Joseph Nov 26 '12
and we were not told about this until now why?
Joseph
Joseph Nov 26 '12
you can make all these complex changes over and over but until a site is usable on the most popular devices most of us are just spinning tires in the mud so to speak this is really a let down guys
samuel jackson
samuel jackson Nov 27 '12
@Aliia,

Ok Mobile App is not into the upcoming build, but what is with mobile friendly templates?
Michael
Michael Nov 28 '12
I can tell you a lot of oxwall users wanted the mobile version as more and more people are connecting from mobile devices nowadays. Oxwall should really adapt and cater for this in my opinion. I think mobile compatibility is a must and should be looked at sooner rather than later. (just my opinion)

Maria-Christina Rus
Maria-Christina Rus Nov 28 '12
Hi there,

I think that even if I would have loved a mobile app too, I think Oxwall team is right: they have made a decision of quality platform and features that everyone asked and they went for it. They are offering us a high-quality, flexible platform and I think that unfortunately they can't answer to all of us wished. 

Well done Oxwall (and I will follow you I think for a long time)