We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't Get Past Login Screen | Forum

Perky Bird
Perky Bird Aug 26 '21
I've had a problem that's persisted for a while now on my Oxwall site and I finally decided to make a post here. All the information should be in the screenshots. The problem showed up randomly, I didn't try to update Oxwall or install plugins. 

One more thing: My version is 1.8.3 because I couldn't install the latest version as it wasn't supported with my version of php, 7.4.16.

Perky Bird
Perky Bird Aug 26 '21
Because it does not have the ow_includes folder none of my settings or users will be lost, correct?

Also I installed my previous version using Installatron, does that change anything? I'm not familiar with unzipping files over existing files so I'll have to figure that out too.

Thank you for your help.

P.S. the portion of your comment that I was discussing is quoted below:
Quote from Chris_W

There is a 1.8.7 version which should run on your PHP version. Just unzip the files over the existing files and then go to https://yoursite.com/ow_updates/

to complete the update.

The update does not include the ow_includes folder so your config.php file will not be overwritten.

Timothy Ferriss
Timothy Ferriss May 3 '23
Disable any new pou plugins or themes that you may have installed that could be the problem.
siya koli
siya koli May 4 '23
The first and the foremost question that comes to everyone’s mind before looking out for Call Girls in Agra is about its legality here.
Drew Binsky
Drew Binsky Jul 26 '23
From the details you've given, it seems that you are running Oxwall version 1.8.3 with PHP 7.4.16. This combination autistic test should be compatible, so the problem might not be related to that
The Forum post is edited by Drew Binsky Jul 26 '23