We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

DO NOT BUY ARROW CHAT FROM OXWALL STORE - ArrowChat | Forum

MOHAMED YOUBA
MOHAMED YOUBA Nov 29 '12
Hi

Do not buy arrowchat from oxwall store ! if you do it, you will lost money like me, because arrowchat do not give you all support for the software.

1- you cannot access to admin pannel

2- you cannot get the latest version, you cannot update

See below, communication between arrowchat team and me for your reference

YOUBA MOHAMEDHi I have purchase arrowchat from oxwall store and I have some questions  1 - what is my admin password? 2 - How can I dowload and update Thank you.

ArrowChatHi YOUBA MOHAMED,  1. You login with the user that first created the Oxwall site (user id: 1) 2. http://www.oxwall.org/store/granted-list

YOUBA MOHAMEDHi When I tried to connect here the error message I get   ------------------------------------------- Login This area of our website requires that you login to view the content. You can create an account by either making a new purchase or signing up for our free trial. You have specified an incorrect password. Please check your password and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator.

ArrowChatHi YOUBA MOHAMED,  You won't get access to arrowchat.com.

YOUBA MOHAMEDhow to get access to arrowchat.com?

arrowChatHi YOUBA MOHAMED,  You'd have to make a license purchase from our website.

YOUBA MOHAMEDHi That mean I cannot get access to update to the 1.6 version also without purchasing a license from your website?

Attachments:
  arrowchat_admin.png (39.13Kb)
  arrowchat_update_1.png (40.47Kb)
  arrowchat_update_2.png (35.8Kb)
  arrowchat_update_3.png (30.81Kb)
  arrowchat_update_4.png (131.96Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
you can access the admin settings with the link

http://www.site.com/ow_plugins/arrowchat/admin/

Even I wish to know why they not provide info on update to the latest version.
MOHAMED YOUBA
MOHAMED YOUBA Nov 29 '12
Hi Purusothaman, yes I know ! but once there, I cannot change my admin information, like admin mail or admin password. And I cannot logout !
Abbey
Abbey Nov 29 '12
this is why cometchat is the better option
MOHAMED YOUBA
MOHAMED YOUBA Nov 29 '12
I do not know cometchat, but I will a look on it to check

thank you

Joseph
Joseph Dec 1 '12
Arrowchat also would not refund my money when I found I could not use the software granted it was past 30 days however my site was having issues and I had to change servers and when i finally got set up I could not use it and instead of them being more understanding of my situation I was simply denied which is just bad business
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 2 '12
I have the platinum version of Cometchat and it is probably the best chat application out there to date!

www.mydiarybook.co.uk

JB TECH
JB TECH Dec 2 '12
Hello, I'm trying to install Cometchat but everytime I go to the installer at /cometchat/install.php I get this message:

Unable to connect to database. Please check details in configuration file.

What's wrong?

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 2 '12
Hi Jake, you cannot upload it using the oxwall installer, you have to up load it using filezilla.

JB TECH
JB TECH Dec 2 '12
Yes I did that, and I double checked the directory and it's all correct, but it still displays the message.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 2 '12
did you paste the code for your Cometchat on your website?
JB TECH
JB TECH Dec 2 '12
The one you get in installation?
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 2 '12
yes, when you purchased the cometchat you would of received a code which you have to put on your website so it can recognize the plugin. 
Den Team
Den Dec 3 '12
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Abbey
Abbey Dec 4 '12

Quote from Jake Brunton Hello, I'm trying to install Cometchat but everytime I go to the installer at /cometchat/install.php I get this message:

Unable to connect to database. Please check details in configuration file.

What's wrong?

is it a valid cometchat or did someone "give" it to you?
Because cometchat is license specific and will only work on the site listed on the cometchat purchasers account
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic