We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Why my Printer is Not Responding? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
kevinanderson
kevinanderson Jan 28 '22

At times, the printers do not respond due to a weak connection between the PC and the printer. So, if you are querying “what are the possible causes of the printer is not responding,” then here you will find the causes along with their solutions.

Why my Printer is Not Responding?

There can be various possible causes due to which your printer is not responding, some of them are given below:

1. Weak Internet Connection

2. Outdated printer Drivers 

3. Enabled Antivirus Software and Firewall on your system.

How to Solve Printer Not Responding Issue?

For such issues, here you will find the answer to your query how do I fix my Printer not responding? So, follow below recommendations for solving printer issues.

1. Try disabling your antivirus software and firewall and see if that helps. Furthermore, uninstall your third-party antivirus software and see if the problem persists.

2. Further, check your network connection. Check that your Printer is properly plugged into your desktop or laptop. You may need to connect using an alternate USB port for USB printers. You must ensure the Printer is connected to the appropriate Wi-Fi network for wireless printers.

3. If still your querynot solved, the last resort is to reset the Printer. 

The Forum post is edited by kevinanderson Jan 28 '22
Peter Groft
Peter Groft Dec 6 '22
Check that all printer cables are connected properly and be sure that the printer is turned on. If everything is connected properly and powered up, go to the computer's "control panel" from the "start" menu. Choose "printers" and be sure that your printer is selected as the default.

Greetings,

Peter