We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

'or Join' link on the login page | Forum

Mike
Mike Dec 2 '12
Hi

I'd like to change where the 'or Join' link points to on the login page. I'm having trouble finding where this is generated from. Can someone help me find this link in the code so I can change the URL it points to? Presumably it's not configurable anywhere other than being hardwired to point to the signup form. We have this disabled and have our own signup form elsewhere.

Thanks

Mike

Alia Team
Alia Dec 3 '12
Mike, you can change this in "user_standard_sign_in.html (ow_system_plugins/base/views/controllers/user_standard_sign_in.html) .

Please note that any changes you make in .html files, will be lost if you update the software.
Mike
Mike Dec 4 '12
Thanks, that did it.
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Dec 7 '12
thanks for this useful help, Aliia.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 7 '12
Welcome )
R. Heldens
R. Heldens Dec 7 '12
Again, i go to that file, and then what?

regards

Mike
Mike Dec 7 '12
You have to edit the href that the join button points to. You need to change it to point to the URL that you want the join button to point to.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 10 '12
<a href="{$joinUrl}">{text key='base+join_submit_button_join'}</a>

instead of {$joinUrl}  type the URL you need: (<a href="http://www.neededURL.com">  ) .

Once more, note that any changes you do in the code will be lost once you update the software.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 12 '12
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Erik
Erik Mar 21 '14
Is it possible to turn that join link in to a custom img button?
Alia Team
Alia Mar 24 '14
Yes sure Erik. File is the same.
You can either add image directly within the .html or  via CSS. All depends on how good you are in .html/CSS.