We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Where are cache files stored for recovery? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Mar 9 '22
Affinity has been out of order a few times lately and my files can be recovered when I know where they are to open them, but is there a cached folder where I can more easily find these recovery versions?
Sonia Ellison
Sonia Ellison Mar 10 '22
Have you already contacted Affinity support? Did they answer you? I think they are obliged to be responsible for such site errors.
rosita ancona
rosita ancona Mar 10 '22
I think cache files are usually stored in the program's directory you are installing. Unlike the downloads folder, the cache storage folder can most likely not be changed while working from any program and app. The cache is the application's files during operation, so you don't need it, but you can't prevent it from accumulating. Do you think you can delete this data? One day I deleted the cache data of the program that I installed on my RAID drive. Now I understand that it was a very stupid decision. Not because I couldn't update the program afterward, but because I deleted other important files. I had to make RAID RECOVERY to restore everything because the apps stopped working correctly and displayed a lot of error notifications.