We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Google Chrome - Video Plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joey
Joey Dec 3 '12
Hey ladies and gentleman 

Last week i start a new site made with oxwall. i allready love it!

BUT!!!

there is 1 problem, and i can get it solved.

in google chrome, it is not possible to post a video. Look at the screen (in attachements)

In i.e en FF and Opera it works fantastic :)

What can i do?

Attachments:
  video problem chrome.PNG (179.98Kb)
Joseph
Joseph Dec 3 '12
yes this does happen its been mentioned multiple times I am not sure of they are even going to fix it I have resorted to paying for my own help
Joey
Joey Dec 3 '12
Quote from Joseph yes this does happen its been mentioned multiple times I am not sure of they are even going to fix it I have resorted to paying for my own help

Who do you paid? Can you give me a url? or can i pay you?
Alia Team
Alia Dec 4 '12
Joey, tried in Google Chrome (16.0.912.75) using Macabre theme and all went well ( screen shot attached).

What is your theme and version of browser?

Joey
Joey Dec 5 '12
Version of browser i send you in a PM :) but, Versie 23.0.1271.95 m is the version of chrome with default skin

Theme i use, is aerial, but the default theme is also not working.

thanks for your time, Aliia

The Forum post is edited by Joey Dec 5 '12
Alia Team
Alia Dec 5 '12
Joey,  developers have fixed the issue with embed code from youtube in Chrome 23.0.1271.95 in upcoming 1.5 built. However seems like this version of Chrome itself has number of issues with videos, therefore right now even though we have fixed the issue on our side, videos will not play in Chrome ( you will see just a blank screen). You will need to wait while Chrome fixes this bug.
Briton
Briton Jun 29 '13
Still not working...

Been trying to fix this for awhile now. In safari I can post videos in the newsfeed/wall/blog but in chrome I can't post anything just shows up blank. Also i cant post youtube on any browser. frustrating. 

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 1 '13
try clearing cache! I too had some issues. If the clearing of your cache doesnt work try deleting chrome and re installing it. worked for me.

ross Team
ross Jul 2 '13
Oxwall +1
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 2 '13
Thank you sir. ;)
ross Team
ross Jul 4 '13
Briton, has the problem been resolved?