We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Member Search | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Tim
Tim Dec 3 '12
Here is a HUGE BUG..... Oxwall search SUCKS! You cant even add a profile Question Field for a User to select His/Her State because Admins can only add up to 31 values... hmmm... well there are 50 states in the US so I guess that wont work.... Oxwall is the same as Skadate and Skadate has a Zip Code Radius search... That is basic stuff and they could include it here... Glad I didnt pay all the plugins I was going to... screw Oxwall.... Your script is deleted from my server....
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its not actually a bug. Its by design. Hope this feature will be added soon.
Quote from Tim Your script is deleted from my server....

No loss for Oxwall :D
Pete
Pete Dec 4 '12

Quote from Tim
Here is a HUGE BUG..... Oxwall search SUCKS! You cant even add a profile Question Field for a User to select His/Her State because Admins can only add up to 31 values... hmmm... well there are 50 states in the US so I guess that wont work.... Oxwall is the same as Skadate and Skadate has a Zip Code Radius search... That is basic stuff and they could include it here... Glad I didnt pay all the plugins I was going to... screw Oxwall.... Your script is deleted from my server....

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR FREE ? 
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Scuse me but what SEARCH is he so mad at?  Where in the world is the search function?  I can search users but is there a general Oxwall site search?

Thanks

Tim
Tim Dec 4 '12
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam No loss for Oxwall :D
Major Loss for Oxwall and its Plugin developers as I intended to invest a large amount of money into new features (plugins) and Templates. I also design websites and will no longer reefer clients to use your software.

Tim
Tim Dec 4 '12
Quote from Pete
Quote from Tim

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR FREE ? 
For free? Well for starters a basic Search function by either state, city, or zip. Many other scripts have this "Design" including ones less respected. Boonex is free and uses zip radius search. So yeah I expect a "basic" script.

Dawn
Dawn Dec 5 '12
There's nothing wrong with the search features, just because it doesn't do what YOU want it to....

cit27
cit27 Jan 13 '13

Quote from Tim ... Glad I didnt pay all the plugins I was going to... screw Oxwall.... Your script is deleted from my server....

create your own software/scripts/plugin and use it yourself, then it would be better for you
cit27
cit27 Jan 13 '13

Quote from Tim Major Loss for Oxwall and its Plugin developers as I intended to invest a large amount of money into new features (plugins) and Templates. I also design websites and will no longer reefer clients to use your software.
I think you are going to lose in the future if you leave oxwall
I refers more than 200 users
(are still few in number) of my hosting clients and more than 1000 of my facebook friends to use Oxwall Software ....

i refers my self to use oxwall

tracy
tracy Jan 13 '13
it would be nice to know which files to edit to come up with the option
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Oxwall says that they will be adding this feature in their next release.
Anonim Anonimov
Anonim Anonimov Aug 13 '13
Can I add to search other basic and interests?
Alia Team
Alia Aug 14 '13
>>Can I add to search other basic and interests?

Anonim, I am not sure whether I understood your question correctly.
But when you create a new profile question in admin panel, you can tick "on search" checkbox and this field will be added to the search form.

Going back to the original topic about advanced search like on SkaDate.
If you guys are still interested, SkaDate has launched a solution based on Oxwall: http://lite.skadate.com/

Demo of the search form: http://litedemo.skadate.com/

Alia Team
Alia Aug 14 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Anonim Anonimov
Anonim Anonimov Aug 14 '13
Thanks. I am shamed that I have asked such stupid question, I didn't pay attention to this admin panel.
ross Team
ross Aug 14 '13
No problem