We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Starting phone call from desktop | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
I searched everywhere for him, but to no avail. The idea is to make a call from a kde connect desktop widget or something like that and transmit the sound over a standard channel. It is necessary to send a keystroke to the phone so that you can interact with the automatic answering machine systems.
One use case is when you have a bad signal in some room, but if you let your phone be near the windows, the signal will improve significantly.
I hope this sounds interesting to developers.
mikolip
mikolip Apr 4
Thanks.
William
William Apr 4
Can I use a temporary phone number for this as well? I only use such numbers at work, and it would be convenient for me to make calls from my laptop. I don't know many apps where I could do that, but yours interested me. Where can I get the link? I hope that soon it will be possible to use a PC as easily as a phone and have many similar features. Temporary numbers work differently from permanent numbers, and I'm worried about whether they can be used with your application.