We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to show ONLY a specific FORUM content in main page like Newsfeed | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Daren
Daren Dec 5 '12
This question makes more sense if I ask this way ..

How to show only specific contents from my FORUM page and not the entire forum "newsfeed"?

I have a section in FORUM that says Field Report and I want to show ONLY the content of that particular section in the main page. Like titles and some words from it .. just like newsfeed.

Can this be done ? Is this similar to RSS ? 

Can someone guide me on how to do this ? Or how to create a widget for this ?

Thanks.

Add : I guess this is rather useful because not everybody wants to show all the content of their forum in the Main page using the forum widget and/or they might just want to HIGHLIGHT the best part of the forum using this newsfeed-like-chosen-forum content to "lure" more browsing visitors to join as members ...

The Forum post is edited by Daren Dec 5 '12
Alia Team
Alia Dec 9 '12
Daren,  this is a complex custom code. This can be done, but I can not give instructions since creating them will take as much time as actually doing the modification itself. I recommend posting a suggestion to UserVoice.
Daren
Daren Dec 13 '12
Thanks for the reply. 

Please tell me where is this planet UserVoice ? 

Cheers

Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Dec 13 '12
http://www.oxwall.uservoice.com

But I think that she meant to say that ask any developer to do this for you.

Alia Team
Alia Dec 17 '12
Thanks Nirmalya for the link. Basically yes, you can either find your own developer or  if your suggestions gets enough voices at UserVoice and we find it reasonable, this suggestions will be implemented in one of the next Oxwall updates.