We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

When trying to open my data files, I have been getting QuickBooks Error 6144 82. How do I get rid of this error? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John Mule
John Mule Jul 14 '22

QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is an error that occurs when your network is set up incorrectly. It is a standard error and can be solved by renaming the .TLG and .ND files on QuickBooks Desktop. Here are the steps on how to rename these files-

1.      You should begin by opening the folder containing your company files. The default location for your QuickBooks Desktop company files is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.

2.      Next, you should look for files that have the same name as your company files but have the extensions .ND and .TLG.

3.      Once you have found the correct files, right-click on them and choose Rename from the drop-down menu that appears.

4.      Add the word “.old” after the file extensions and then press Enter to rename them.

5.      Once you rename .ND and .TLG files, they're automatically re-created when you use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager or when you open the company file.

If you still feel the need for professional help with QuickBooks Error 6144 82, you can contact our support team at +1-855-856-0042