We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What do you know about monks? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Naruto Usumaki
Naruto Usumaki Jul 25 '22
I think many monks lived in harmony with our world. They weren't touched by anything bad and just spent their lives getting to know themselves and perfecting themselves. Like many people use drugs to get to know themselves. I think that's stupid. Meditation is the best thing that can help with that and the monks were experts at it. I wonder how they live these days. 
Max Velin
Max Velin Jul 25 '22

Quote from Naruto Usumaki I think many monks lived in harmony with our world. They weren't touched by anything bad and just spent their lives getting to know themselves and perfecting themselves. Like many people use drugs to get to know themselves. I think that's stupid. Meditation is the best thing that can help with that and the monks were experts at it. I wonder how they live these days. 
I don't know much about Buddhism and monks. But to me they are strange people. I think all people who are different from the average person are considered strange. I think that's a cliché that you can't get rid of. But monks are people who have achieved enlightenment. I recently read an article about Samvara Spiritual Teacher. The man there talks about how he went through this training to be enlightened. It all sounds interesting. I'd like to try my hand at it.
Agata Brown
Agata Brown Jul 25 '22
I think they're different. They live a very different life and have different values. I would like to communicate with people like that.