We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What does it take to make a startup successful? | Forum

Serj
Serj Aug 14 '22
We are going to launch our own app. We would really like our startup to be as successful as Uber. But what would it take? Are there anyone here who has launched their own startup. Share your experiences please.
xelalo
xelalo Aug 14 '22
You must understand that launching such huge projects takes time and full immersion in the development of such an application. Such applications are not developed quickly. You must also have a marketing plan in place, as well as an excellent presentation to investors and users.
Serj
Serj Aug 14 '22
I think this is clear to every developer who is going to launch a startup. I'm going to be working on the project all the time anyway. But I need a rough guide to how a big app like Uber was built.
xelalo
xelalo Aug 14 '22
Uber has several admin panels. For the cab driver, for the user, for the administration. With the latest update, it seems that they have added an admin panel for companies that will work through Uber. I do not know all the details, as I do not constantly follow them.
Din
Din Aug 14 '22
Uber is a huge application that you can't develop on your own. A whole team of developers worked on the creation of Uber. There are a lot of aspects to consider in the development you need to understand. Here you can find tips on how to start a taxi service like uber. This article will help you in the development, you can even use Uber as an example to create your own application, copying its architecture exactly, only adapting it to your requirements.

Serj
Serj Aug 14 '22
The article is great, it describes exactly how to develop such large applications, what to consider, etc. It's great, I didn't learn much new from the article. But I understood where I should go and develop further.
resi
resi Jul 5 '23

Making a startup successful requires a combination of various factors. Here are a few key elements Vision and Innovation: A clear vision and innovative ideas form the foundation of a successful startup. Identify a problem, develop a unique solution, and have a strong value proposition.Market Understanding: Thoroughly research your target market, understand customer needs, and identify a viable market segment to target. This helps in tailoring your product or service accordingly etc.

The Forum post is edited by resi Jul 5 '23