We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What is the purpose of data tokenization? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
olli fill
olli fill Aug 15 '22
I'd love to learn more about tokenization. Can anyone tell me why it's needed? I know that it's something that can help companies reduce their data security costs and risks, but what are some examples of how it works?
anthony drowow
anthony drowow Aug 15 '22
Tokenization is the future of data security. Encryption has been the go-to method for securing sensitive information, but it's not perfect. It requires a lot of time and energy to create keys and manage encryption keys, and it's not as secure as it could be. Tokenization is an alternative to encryption that has many benefits
Archy
Archy Aug 15 '22
Tokenization is a way to keep your customer's information safe while still letting them use it in a meaningful way. When you tokenize data, instead of storing it as plain text or numerical values, you store it as a series of random numbers and letters—it's almost impossible to decipher without the tokenization key. Tokenizing this information means that even if someone gets access to it, they can't do anything with it because they don't have the key! This is why I strongly recommend that you use data tokenization companies.